https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2014/12/take-care-road" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Winter driving cards promote good practices when driving in snow, fog and heavy rain
As the cold weather continues, we need to make sure that we are correctly equipped when faced with winter driving hazards.
To help raise the profile of driver safety, winter driving cards are being sent to every unit where vehicles operate.
They have been put together by the road safety team and are designed to promote good practices when driving in snow, fog and heavy rain.
They also promote the safe driver acronym featured as part of road safety week
S afety first - I will ensure I’m physically and mentally fit to drive
A uthorised – I will only drive vehicles that I am licensed to driver
F ollow the highway code
E very journey, I will always wear my seatbelt
D rive roadworthy vehicles – I will undertake my checks
R eport and record all vehicle defects
I will report all incidents or damage involving my vehicle
V ehicles will only be used for business purposes
E nsure I park the vehicle safely and apply the handbrake
R esponsible – I will never use a handheld phone while driving
Training tool
The cards have been developed for different vehicle types. They will be distributed to each office, with enough for every vehicle on the fleet. When they arrive please take the opportunity to read through the information on the cards. The cards should then be left in vehicles for other drivers to read.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Take care on the road
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32787
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Take care on the road
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ganda
- Posts: 131
- Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Take care on the road
Hmm, you get frowned on in our office for doing the safety checks. Drivers just go out and jump in. Times I have used another vehicle, other then the one I normally drive, and when I've done the safety checks, found a dangerous problem.....