ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
When will I be permanent?
-
Fatyud88
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 21:34
- Gender: Male
When will I be permanent?
In February 2015 I will have been with Royal Mail for two years. Can I still be kept on a fixed term contract which renews every 3 months. I want a permanent job hope they don't sack me of getting married in april
-
Mark_Law22
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 20 Jan 2011, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: When will I be permanent?
Its 4 years by law that you can be kept on temp contracts i think. It took 3 years for me to be made permanent.Fatyud88 wrote:In February 2015 I will have been with Royal Mail for two years. Can I still be kept on a fixed term contract which renews every 3 months. I want a permanent job hope they don't sack me of getting married in april
Just keep getting on to your union rep and managers and it should happen eventually.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32793
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: When will I be permanent?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 42&t=46546" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;3.2 Royal Mail employees will be employed on permanent contracts, except where there is a genuine short term need identified. CWU will be consulted in advance where there is any such requirement. Temporary contracts will not exceed two years unless it has been jointly agreed that there are very exceptional circumstances. The position of temporary contract employees will be kept under regular review by the local parties, with a view to converting to permanent contracts where and when possible. Additionally, where change programmes have been completed and bedded in, the status of temporary contract employees will be reviewed and converted to permanent contracts unless there is no need for this additional resourcing or where there is an identified and agreed need to continue with a fixed term contract. Royal Mail confirms that as part of the review of this agreement, it is the aspiration to reduce the length of temporary contracts to no more than one year.
3.3 The level of part timers’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned. 3.4 Agency workers are intended to cover short term or unforeseen resourcing needs expected to last for periods of no more than 12 weeks, which cannot be covered by offering additional earnings opportunities to existing employees whilst maintaining quality of service. In the rare circumstances that employment exceeds 12 weeks the comparable pay provisions of the agency workers’ regulations will apply.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32793
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: When will I be permanent?
And if they bring out that is old chestnut bollox...
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... Stabil.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 53&t=59294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Agenda for growth, stability & long term success2.7.6 Employees will not be employed on a temporary contract exceeding two
years unless it has been agreed by the Employer and the Union that there
are very exceptional circumstances. The position of temporary contract
Employees will be kept under regular review, with a view to converting to
permanent contracts where and when possible.
2.7.7 The level of part time Employees’ contracted hours will be reviewed by the
Employer and the CWU locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate,
increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually
worked and planned.
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... Stabil.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 53&t=59294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Fatyud88
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 16 Dec 2014, 21:34
- Gender: Male
Re: When will I be permanent?
Thanks. I have spoke to union rep he said speak in January. I got made up to 39 hours from 32.5 in August so hopefully they will keep me as I do a shitty hybrid job.10am-6pm
-
thecompletepackage
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 03 Mar 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: When will I be permanent?
I've been part time for 6 years working full time hours plus. I'm still on a part time contract.POSTMAN wrote:
3.3 The level of part timers’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Re: When will I be permanent?
I hope they dont do to you what they just did to me.
-
salomon
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 28 Nov 2014, 21:18
- Gender: Female
Re: When will I be permanent?
Reading the document above I see it says more hours can be offered but can hours also be reduced or as im currently working 25 hours over 5 days could that be changed to 25hours over 6 days.
This was done to a guy who started shortly after me on a part time round i'm concerned that they will do the same to me as its always difficult finding cover for my rest day and I have a random day picked often only with a days notice, once an hours notice that I was on a rest day.
This was done to a guy who started shortly after me on a part time round i'm concerned that they will do the same to me as its always difficult finding cover for my rest day and I have a random day picked often only with a days notice, once an hours notice that I was on a rest day.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: When will I be permanent?
I'd be straight to my rep and back-claiming holiday/Rota pay if that were the case. I'm sure there is legislation against that, concerning a maximum time of working certain hours in practice which then becomes your assumed contract irrespective of the one which you signed.thecompletepackage wrote:I've been part time for 6 years working full time hours plus. I'm still on a part time contract.POSTMAN wrote:
3.3 The level of part timers’ contracted hours will be jointly reviewed locally on a six monthly basis. Where appropriate, increased contracted hours will be offered to reflect the hours actually worked and planned.