ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Under pressure

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
on_the_way_OUT
Posts: 56
Joined: 16 May 2014, 15:52
Gender: Male

Under pressure

Post by on_the_way_OUT »

Loads and loads of work..... office getting daily lectures sorry huddles about every part of the job. People going into the office for the 3 C's pretty much every day over the most minor of things. Its the drip drip drip that RM want to use to get long termers out. Think I made a small mistake today but not sure. Will find out in the morning. If I lose this job I lose the house as there are no other jobs around here. This stress isnt doing my health any good.

When I started all the mangers were in there late 40's/50's and had served there time. Now most managers here haven't been in the job more than 5 years are 35 and under and all have the attitude that they'll trample or stab anyone in the back (even other managers) to get up the greasy pole. RM love it.
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Under pressure

Post by jimmynailsalive »

We had a meeting on how to reverse the vans today and had a wee test as well, can just see my mate coming out to guide me out and into the loading bay every morning but suppose next person who prangs the van will be disciplined for not following procedure.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Under pressure

Post by krussel »

on_the_way_OUT wrote:Loads and loads of work..... office getting daily lectures sorry huddles about every part of the job. People going into the office for the 3 C's pretty much every day over the most minor of things. Its the drip drip drip that RM want to use to get long termers out. Think I made a small mistake today but not sure. Will find out in the morning. If I lose this job I lose the house as there are no other jobs around here. This stress isnt doing my health any good.

When I started all the mangers were in there late 40's/50's and had served there time. Now most managers here haven't been in the job more than 5 years are 35 and under and all have the attitude that they'll trample or stab anyone in the back (even other managers) to get up the greasy pole. RM love it.
You may be right about the long termers :hmmmm

Where is your rep in all this ?

Being Christmas time you have RM over a barrel.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Under pressure

Post by Sir Henry »

jimmynailsalive wrote:had a wee test as well.
For colour? Volume? Electrolyte levels? Exotic substances?
:Very Happy
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

Re: Under pressure

Post by Bernardson »

"Think I made a small mistake today but not sure. Will find out in the morning. If I lose this job I lose the house as there are no other jobs around here."

You can't lose your job for making a small mistake.
There are procedures that need to be followed.
If it is a small mistake the worse you will get is counselling :angel
Always take your rep or a sensible friend into a meeting with the DIM LINO.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Under pressure

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Sir Henry wrote:
jimmynailsalive wrote:had a wee test as well.
For colour? Volume? Electrolyte levels? Exotic substances?
:Very Happy
I bet some in our office would power the vans (wee) , would be good as we've been without diesel for 5 days!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??