ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
Postman with parcel, Can you ring this mobile number and I will be with you in 15 minutes ............yer right
I put on the note that Royal Mail don't provide us with mobiles
I put on the note that Royal Mail don't provide us with mobiles
-
numberone
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
Today........note on door read....
'Please do not ring the bell or knock at the door. Working nights'
So I went back to van quietly. Wrote out the p739 for the special and tracked parcels.
Gently posted it through and left.
5 minutes later whilst doing the pouch of letters for that area, the woman of the house was chasing me with the p739.

'Please do not ring the bell or knock at the door. Working nights'
So I went back to van quietly. Wrote out the p739 for the special and tracked parcels.
Gently posted it through and left.
5 minutes later whilst doing the pouch of letters for that area, the woman of the house was chasing me with the p739.
-
fb1969
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1693
- Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: hiding on the backstreets
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
"Bell broken, please knock"
Well I don't need to as you only have a postcard, but if you want me to...................
Well I don't need to as you only have a postcard, but if you want me to...................
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
I am laughing as I write the P739 out reading what ever daft instruction they have left
One told me to leave it under the doormat (special delivery letter)
One told me to leave it under the doormat (special delivery letter)
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
" postie please leave my parcel from Ann Summers in the rear entry please"

-
hunter1414
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 15 Dec 2014, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
had a neibhour I was delivering to come out and asked if he could take in a sd I was trying to deliver I said roymails policy was not to leave sd with neibhours he then rang a number and said he had the reciepient on the phone and hes was driving home im in London he was in luton he asked if I could wait 
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
I have one that says "please leave any parcels at number 8" - but number 8 doesn't like them and wont take anything for them #awkward.
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
Postman, please leave my parcel under mat and post notification through door.
yes then if its stolen they have a card admitting my guilt, no bloody way
yes then if its stolen they have a card admitting my guilt, no bloody way
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
I think they mean the note on the door to be posted, not a P739windermeredave wrote:Postman, please leave my parcel under mat and post notification through door.
yes then if its stolen they have a card admitting my guilt, no bloody way
-
thehobbit
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
writen on parcel today please leave in recycling bin
, not a chance
managers already gunning for me why give them more amunition
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
If you have a Parcel please try 1,3,5,2,7,9,10,11,12
yeah ok!
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
I always write something to the effect "Sorry, blue bin is not a safe place to leave parcel" on the 739.thehobbit wrote:writen on parcel today please leave in recycling bin, not a chance
![]()
managers already gunning for me why give them more amunition
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
windermeredave
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 265
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie
dave72 wrote:I think they mean the note on the door to be posted, not a P739windermeredave wrote:Postman, please leave my parcel under mat and post notification through door.
yes then if its stolen they have a card admitting my guilt, no bloody way
They don`t its a sticky label on the door, she gets quite a few packets and the sign is always there, i always leave them as requested, but never put a 739 through