ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by eastie »

Postman with parcel, Can you ring this mobile number and I will be with you in 15 minutes ............yer right
I put on the note that Royal Mail don't provide us with mobiles
numberone
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by numberone »

Today........note on door read....
'Please do not ring the bell or knock at the door. Working nights'

So I went back to van quietly. Wrote out the p739 for the special and tracked parcels.
Gently posted it through and left.

5 minutes later whilst doing the pouch of letters for that area, the woman of the house was chasing me with the p739.
:crazy:
fb1969
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1693
Joined: 29 Aug 2012, 08:38
Gender: Male
Location: hiding on the backstreets

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by fb1969 »

"Bell broken, please knock"

Well I don't need to as you only have a postcard, but if you want me to...................
Royal Mail
failing the workforce, failing the public and deliberately failing mail on a daily basis for too many years.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by dave72 »

I am laughing as I write the P739 out reading what ever daft instruction they have left :left:

One told me to leave it under the doormat (special delivery letter) :left:
saddlerposty
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 248
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by saddlerposty »

" postie please leave my parcel from Ann Summers in the rear entry please" :shock: :shock: :shock:
hunter1414
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Dec 2014, 18:20
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by hunter1414 »

had a neibhour I was delivering to come out and asked if he could take in a sd I was trying to deliver I said roymails policy was not to leave sd with neibhours he then rang a number and said he had the reciepient on the phone and hes was driving home im in London he was in luton he asked if I could wait :wave
lala
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by lala »

I have one that says "please leave any parcels at number 8" - but number 8 doesn't like them and wont take anything for them #awkward.
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by windermeredave »

Postman, please leave my parcel under mat and post notification through door.
yes then if its stolen they have a card admitting my guilt, no bloody way
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by dave72 »

windermeredave wrote:Postman, please leave my parcel under mat and post notification through door.
yes then if its stolen they have a card admitting my guilt, no bloody way
I think they mean the note on the door to be posted, not a P739 :hmmmm
thehobbit
Posts: 76
Joined: 26 Jun 2014, 12:14
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by thehobbit »

writen on parcel today please leave in recycling bin :crazy: , not a chance :left: :left: managers already gunning for me why give them more amunition
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by 19times »

If you have a Parcel please try 1,3,5,2,7,9,10,11,12 :crazy: yeah ok!
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by Sir Henry »

thehobbit wrote:writen on parcel today please leave in recycling bin :crazy: , not a chance :left: :left: managers already gunning for me why give them more amunition
I always write something to the effect "Sorry, blue bin is not a safe place to leave parcel" on the 739.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
windermeredave
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 265
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: stupid notes left on front doors for the postie

Post by windermeredave »

dave72 wrote:
windermeredave wrote:Postman, please leave my parcel under mat and post notification through door.
yes then if its stolen they have a card admitting my guilt, no bloody way
I think they mean the note on the door to be posted, not a P739 :hmmmm

They don`t its a sticky label on the door, she gets quite a few packets and the sign is always there, i always leave them as requested, but never put a 739 through