ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Health and safety

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
olilew
Posts: 594
Joined: 19 May 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

Health and safety

Post by olilew »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/features/workin ... ce-4696881" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Just came accross this and thought I would share it after we had 2 postmen injured on the ice on Saturday morning, one with a hurt back and one with a broken arm.
"Just take it out and see how you go......."
gand
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 17:36
Gender: Male

Re: Health and safety

Post by gand »

I asked my line manager and union rep the other week during the weather bomb that if I felt unsafe could I cut off. And that the wet gear they supply does not hold up to to prolonged rain which in temperatures of 2 degrees could pose a health risk. They laughed at me and told me to wise up :nana