Our office has lapsing on the 27th December as the managment have let to many people have holiday. We have over 140 with 20+ being reserves but only 6 reserves have got to do the lapsing being given a 9 hr plus day.
Is this right as the reserves are on 30 hr contracts and is it fair to expect 6 out of the whole office to do it...?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing on the 27th
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
Start on time, take breaks, finish on time.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
Paid by the hour not the item and plus 1 to the aboveHitcher wrote:Start on time, take breaks, finish on time.
I won
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
Do they normally do a 9 hour plus day on a Saturday?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
robbo44 wrote:Our office has lapsing on the 27th December as the managment have let to many people have holiday. We have over 140 with 20+ being reserves but only 6 reserves have got to do the lapsing being given a 9 hr plus day.
Is this right as the reserves are on 30 hr contracts and is it fair to expect 6 out of the whole office to do it...?
Is it fair - No - lapsing should be fairly distributed. But what are you prepared to do about it, this is the question you need to think about as you involve the ADR/Local rep.
As to the actual Lapsing so more people can have the Saturday of this is the what the CWU and RM agreed, but selection has to be fair and it cannot be based on seniority.
We are going to be using names in a hat if we have too many applying.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Surreypostie
- Posts: 999
- Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
In our office everybody on duty will do lapsing, assuming they have time. If I have time I have no problem with doing it if more are able to have the day off. The problem comes if there is too much and they don't have enough staff. Regardless I shall start on time, have a break and finish on time. No later.
-
ziggy
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back o Beyond
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
Same here, not really too fussed if we are swamped with work or lapsing, I've got a finishing timeSurreypostie wrote:In our office everybody on duty will do lapsing, assuming they have time. If I have time I have no problem with doing it if more are able to have the day off. The problem comes if there is too much and they don't have enough staff. Regardless I shall start on time, have a break and finish on time. No later.
Ziggy
-
adamanti
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 14:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
Looking forward to walking off all that xmas excess on the 27th, but will not go 1 minute past finish time. just enjoy the fresh air and look forward to getting home and watching Zulu.. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
If you like Zulu this might interest youadamanti wrote:Looking forward to walking off all that xmas excess on the 27th, but will not go 1 minute past finish time. just enjoy the fresh air and look forward to getting home and watching Zulu..
Secrets Of The Dead - The Mystery Of Zulu Dawn - Isandlwana
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
raikky
- Posts: 212
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 01:09
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsing on the 27th
in our 60 strong office the dom has granted leave for around 5 - 6 ppl beginning monday.