Hi guys.
I am considering handing in my notice to try out a different career I have been training for. I am, however, worried that the change may not be for me. How easy is it to get back in with the Royal Mail if you hand in your notice? Bukowski made it seem like you can't escape!
Does anyone have a zero hours contract? I am currently on 25 hrs which is how I have been able to prepare for a new career. Do offices consider zero hours? That way I could have time for other work, but not jeapordise my position with the company.
I should just bite the bullet but any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
You could try Angard - they do the Royal Mail Casuals for MCs throughout the year.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Celtic warrior
- Posts: 101
- Joined: 10 Dec 2013, 16:23
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
Why not apply for a career break for a set period to allow yourself a chance to see what you want to do in the long run.
-
dubcorsair
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 11:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
The new role is supposed to start in January - is this too short notice to apply for a career break?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... php?id=482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dubcorsair
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 11:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
I never even knew about this! I have only been with Royal Mail 15 months, but it may be worth a shot (not that I ever see our Dom much, and I'm sure my line manager will be against it!)
Thankyou tho.
Thankyou tho.
-
dubcorsair
- Posts: 4
- Joined: 12 Nov 2014, 11:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
Hmmm, during the period away from Royal Mail, I would be working. I guess I should just speak to my DOM, but I'm not too keen to let the cat out of the bag.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
Would that be Schrodinger's cat?dubcorsair wrote:... but I'm not too keen to let the cat out of the bag.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Rory
- Posts: 90
- Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
What is your new job?
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
Not allowed to work anywhere else while on a career breakCeltic warrior wrote:Why not apply for a career break for a set period to allow yourself a chance to see what you want to do in the long run.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
Mebbes aye mebbes nawclashcityrocker wrote:Would that be Schrodinger's cat?dubcorsair wrote:... but I'm not too keen to let the cat out of the bag.
I won
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Leaving/Rejoining Royal Mail
Some guys in our office ha went down to one day a week (sat) and you still keep your seniority so in future you can still apply for a duty should one come up.