ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RM Seasonal staff

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Puppetmaster
Posts: 440
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 19:56
Gender: Male

RM Seasonal staff

Post by Puppetmaster »

RM ,has made a big thing about how they have recruited 1000s of extra staff to work in 6 temporary mail sorting centres around the country to deal with all the extra volumes of parcels.

So on 1 hand you have all these extra parcels coming in to RM being sorted and out to delivery offices, so far so good .

But what is the point if Delivery offices are not given extra resources to deliver the increased parcels ?
interesting
Posts: 217
Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: RM Seasonal staff

Post by interesting »

Happens every year
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: RM Seasonal staff

Post by krussel »

Its been the same for all my 20 odd years at RM.
What has happened in the past is a HUGE big push to clear the mail centre by Christmas eve with unlimited resourcing. RM then announce a successful delivered Christmas.

Then the next day the delivery offices get slaughtered. :evil/mad
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: RM Seasonal staff

Post by GT85 »

Yep I've had customers saying " I've been expecting a parcel, where is it ? " I explain that we maybe a little bit behind and they reply " But I saw on the news that RM have taken on 18,000 extra postman for Christmas" and I then have to explain that there is a bottle neck as these extra people do not work at the delivery end of the system. :arrrghhh
We're all here because we're not all there