I do the late as overtime on my counterparts day off and it takes me 1:45! on a Tuesday to complete his parcels (and that's not rushing)
I spoke to the manager about it today after going 1.5 hours over again, he told me that both duties are balanced and fair, I told him it takes me 2 hours (I was being generous) to do the late walk, I pointed out the OT I had booked recently and that the late shift had booked no OT, his response was 'well I've given him half of an extra walk today, you can ask him to do the rest of yours if you want' - nice palm off, great management. I asked the late guy how he felt about the balance of the workload and he said he thought it was fair, despite him regularly leaving 2-3 hours early, he declined to do extras I had left, hence me booking 1.5 hours overtime again.
Just seems completely stupid and a senseless waste of resources when I'm booking regular OT and hes finishing hours early or sitting there idle. Problem is the manager insists the duties are fair, the late guy obviously likes his easy number and is angling so as not to get any additional work - to be fair to him tho he doesn't see what I have to do every day and perhaps assumes I'm being lazy - hence the need for a manager to properly reassess the 2 duties.
Thinking of speaking to the union rep about it on Monday, either that or just taking my breaks and sticking to the speed limits, taking my own sweet time and counting all that overtime on payday... or maybe even just cutting off when I need to.... I'm done with feeling pressured into risking getting caught speeding and skipping my break when the extra capacity I'm struggling with could be reasonably processed by somebody else within their contracted hours.