We have a customer who appears to be abusing a business reply code when having items sent back from their online shop. It would seem they have photocopied or scanned a reply code and are asking customers to stick this on parcels when returning anything (it is a very very poor quality scan/copy at that). To my knowledge this has mot been flagged up anywhere yet as we had five items today.
My question is really, to whom do we flag this and what action should we be taking as these items have clearly mot been paid for officially?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Abuse of business reply service
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Abuse of business reply service
First show your manager as he /she should be dealing with this. If it does not get sorted and you feel very strong about it then you could email Moya but be aware your managers arse may get burned in the process. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16692
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Abuse of business reply service
All business replies should go to whoever in your DO is responsible for counting them and ensuring they are charged to the appropriate account.
If the business reply is fraudulent, then they need to charge them appropriately and flag up the misuse of the account to whoever they report to.
If the business reply is fraudulent, then they need to charge them appropriately and flag up the misuse of the account to whoever they report to.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Abuse of business reply service
I
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Abuse of business reply service
So if an item comes through with a handwritten address stuck on, the a copy of a business reply stamp also stuck on, it gets charged toll the appropriate business as to the licence no? If that is the case, what happens if the recipient is not the business being charged?
Yes, I know it is not up to me to do anything other than inform manager, I am just confused as to the process in general
Yes, I know it is not up to me to do anything other than inform manager, I am just confused as to the process in general
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Abuse of business reply service
I
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Abuse of business reply service
Ok, thank you, that makes sense.
I think I didn't explain properly in my first post that the person in question does not have their own reply address, the copy belongs to a different company entirely, hence my confusion.
I think I didn't explain properly in my first post that the person in question does not have their own reply address, the copy belongs to a different company entirely, hence my confusion.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Abuse of business reply service
estelle wrote:Ok, thank you, that makes sense.
I think I didn't explain properly in my first post that the person in question does not have their own reply address, the copy belongs to a different company entirely, hence my confusion.
Then I guess the other company is getting charged, yes ?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Abuse of business reply service
I would presume so, yes. I didn't know how these were processed and at what point a charge was applied, so I have learned something tonight
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: Abuse of business reply service
I find the problem is that many postmen either don't know or don't give a s**t about them and just sort them to the dly's anyhow and not to the BRP's.