Told them before I went out and was told to take it all out anyway and see how I got on.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The "how much did you cut today" thread
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
The "how much did you cut today" thread
Well today I cut 50 mins or 3 roads.
Told them before I went out and was told to take it all out anyway and see how I got on.
Told them before I went out and was told to take it all out anyway and see how I got on.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
I booked 40 minutes - gotta pay for the turkey somehow. 
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
2 loops and did no large parcels
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
We knew we wouldn't have a cat in hells chance today due to A. amount of Parcels and B. getting out 40 mins later than normal, told lino and got no solution at all
ended up taking it all out then my P+L partner ended up finishing it off against his wishes may I add - did for less aggro
he ending up doing 4 loops (out of 6) on his duty
will find out tomorrow how much he went over by... guessing 2 hours.
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Made 30 mins
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
mail was a little lighter than a normal Wednesday however packets were through the roof.
I puppy walked a new starter today on an HCT walk, but we had to take an HCT each due to the packet count.
I puppy walked a new starter today on an HCT walk, but we had to take an HCT each due to the packet count.
-
Altrider
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 81
- Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Oppo cuts off on time....we late out anyway at 10.30 thanks to no super-sorters, porters and most of us double or treble prepping so I carry on for an extra 2hrs ((yes I'm a slut for money.
) Oh and as we headed out a LINO
comes round asking "anyone got an extra loop in them". Many were the replies that ended in 'off'

-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Take the mail out and see how you get on
What's that all about, tell them you have no time and this Is what your getting back
Happy days finish on time
What's that all about, tell them you have no time and this Is what your getting back
Happy days finish on time
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
How you go about this properly then? I am sure my P+L would love to know! He said to the Lino I don't want to go over and he did nothing even though it was certain we couldn't complete in time.gary1975 wrote:Take the mail out and see how you get on![]()
What's that all about, tell them you have no time and this Is what your getting back
Happy days finish on time
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Only did 1 out 3 areas of parcels but completed my full delivery round 3hrs!
Day off tomorrow :-)
Day off tomorrow :-)
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
He has advised his lino that he does not want to go over his time. There should have been a discussion on what he considers he cannot do and the lino should have given him instructions on what to do with the excess. If lino has not made any recommendations then he is within his rights to bring back the excess, or leave it in the office. bearing in mind that if he gets back early then he faces being made to take the excess out again.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Followed the opg cutting off delivery procedure and left the bottom row
This was due to me performing a dynamic risk assessment and the result being that as I would be driving the next day I didnt want to be tired.
Or carry a load a donkey would shy away from.
Me and my trolley(duty holder is proud of never using one)
Nuggett
Had a lovely day,finished bang on time and went
Shopping.
Lino made the usual festive threats about sacking folk
I managed not to laugh this time.

This was due to me performing a dynamic risk assessment and the result being that as I would be driving the next day I didnt want to be tired.
Or carry a load a donkey would shy away from.
Me and my trolley(duty holder is proud of never using one)
Nuggett
Had a lovely day,finished bang on time and went
Shopping.
Lino made the usual festive threats about sacking folk
I managed not to laugh this time.
I won
-
numberone
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 19:31
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Left all our large parcels and 4 large loops. Probably 2.5 hrs work for 1 person.
Having to prep 3 jobs mech and do 1 hr parcels on other rounds before even start prepping my own.
Having to prep 3 jobs mech and do 1 hr parcels on other rounds before even start prepping my own.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Between 30 and 90 minutes docket booked each day
not that I want to but nor do I want it all the next day. 
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread
Bring Lino to your frame show him what you are leaving as you would like to finish on time , then it's his problem to get it covered ,get a witness also in case he is a funny xxxx ,just make sure you don't finish before your time simples19times wrote:How you go about this properly then? I am sure my P+L would love to know! He said to the Lino I don't want to go over and he did nothing even though it was certain we couldn't complete in time.gary1975 wrote:Take the mail out and see how you get on![]()
What's that all about, tell them you have no time and this Is what your getting back
Happy days finish on time