ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The "how much did you cut today" thread

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by krussel »

Well today I cut 50 mins or 3 roads.

Told them before I went out and was told to take it all out anyway and see how I got on. :d'oh!
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by tansorboy »

I booked 40 minutes - gotta pay for the turkey somehow. :wink:
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by eastie »

2 loops and did no large parcels
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by 19times »

We knew we wouldn't have a cat in hells chance today due to A. amount of Parcels and B. getting out 40 mins later than normal, told lino and got no solution at all :sad: ended up taking it all out then my P+L partner ended up finishing it off against his wishes may I add - did for less aggro :cry he ending up doing 4 loops (out of 6) on his duty :evil/mad will find out tomorrow how much he went over by... guessing 2 hours.
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by bensonhedge »

Made 30 mins
doorstepped
Posts: 1063
Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
Gender: Male
Location: Somewhere west of London

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by doorstepped »

mail was a little lighter than a normal Wednesday however packets were through the roof.

I puppy walked a new starter today on an HCT walk, but we had to take an HCT each due to the packet count.
Altrider
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 81
Joined: 12 Feb 2013, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by Altrider »

Oppo cuts off on time....we late out anyway at 10.30 thanks to no super-sorters, porters and most of us double or treble prepping so I carry on for an extra 2hrs ((yes I'm a slut for money. :Very Happy ) Oh and as we headed out a LINO :arrrghhh comes round asking "anyone got an extra loop in them". Many were the replies that ended in 'off' :nana :nana
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by gary1975 »

Take the mail out and see how you get on :left:
What's that all about, tell them you have no time and this Is what your getting back
Happy days finish on time :nana
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by 19times »

gary1975 wrote:Take the mail out and see how you get on :left:
What's that all about, tell them you have no time and this Is what your getting back
Happy days finish on time :nana
How you go about this properly then? I am sure my P+L would love to know! He said to the Lino I don't want to go over and he did nothing even though it was certain we couldn't complete in time.
Stammerking
Posts: 208
Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by Stammerking »

Only did 1 out 3 areas of parcels but completed my full delivery round 3hrs!

Day off tomorrow :-)
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by Lincox »

He has advised his lino that he does not want to go over his time. There should have been a discussion on what he considers he cannot do and the lino should have given him instructions on what to do with the excess. If lino has not made any recommendations then he is within his rights to bring back the excess, or leave it in the office. bearing in mind that if he gets back early then he faces being made to take the excess out again.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by spiderj »

Followed the opg cutting off delivery procedure and left the bottom row

This was due to me performing a dynamic risk assessment and the result being that as I would be driving the next day I didnt want to be tired.
Or carry a load a donkey would shy away from.

Me and my trolley(duty holder is proud of never using one)
Nuggett

Had a lovely day,finished bang on time and went
Shopping.

Lino made the usual festive threats about sacking folk

I managed not to laugh this time.
:nana
I won
numberone
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Oct 2010, 19:31
Gender: Male

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by numberone »

Left all our large parcels and 4 large loops. Probably 2.5 hrs work for 1 person.
Having to prep 3 jobs mech and do 1 hr parcels on other rounds before even start prepping my own.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Between 30 and 90 minutes docket booked each day :shock: not that I want to but nor do I want it all the next day. :sad:
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: The "how much did you cut today" thread

Post by gary1975 »

19times wrote:
gary1975 wrote:Take the mail out and see how you get on :left:
What's that all about, tell them you have no time and this Is what your getting back
Happy days finish on time :nana
How you go about this properly then? I am sure my P+L would love to know! He said to the Lino I don't want to go over and he did nothing even though it was certain we couldn't complete in time.
Bring Lino to your frame show him what you are leaving as you would like to finish on time , then it's his problem to get it covered ,get a witness also in case he is a funny xxxx ,just make sure you don't finish before your time simples :thumbup