I'm not speaking English, but Dutch. I want to share a problem. This is translated from Dutch to English.
Every day I came across a very loud noise justified (postman). It turned out to be a cat repellent. This is a small speaker that people drop in their garden. It gives off a loud beep. I got this tinnius. There are more people who suffer from such a sound?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Tinnitus by cat repeller (painful loud beep in garden)
-
postbode
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 03 Dec 2014, 17:49
- Gender: Female
Tinnitus by cat repeller (painful loud beep in garden)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by postbode on 03 Dec 2014, 20:10, edited 2 times in total.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Tinnitus by cat repeller
Are you fairly young as we have occasional stories of young people being troubled by any loitering devices like these http://www.movingsoundtech.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There have been moves to have them banned http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10449634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There have been moves to have them banned http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10449634" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
eggraidonmojo
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Tinnitus by cat repeller
Yes, they always get me!
The other day a garden had one placed high up on a stick so that it was about shoulder level. It must have been on a sensor - and when I went passed it screeched at me.
I am 28 - and have heard these things for years. I have heard (!) that as you get older your ears lose the ability to hear high frequencies (that cats can also hear), so am wondering when it will be that I will stop noticing these things.
The other day a garden had one placed high up on a stick so that it was about shoulder level. It must have been on a sensor - and when I went passed it screeched at me.
I am 28 - and have heard these things for years. I have heard (!) that as you get older your ears lose the ability to hear high frequencies (that cats can also hear), so am wondering when it will be that I will stop noticing these things.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Tinnitus by cat repeller
I have one or two of those car scare devices on my delivery. However I have never heard any noise from them. Mind you I do suffer from tinnitus anyway. 
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Tinnitus by cat repeller
krussel wrote:I have one or two of those car scare devices on my delivery.

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
postbode
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 03 Dec 2014, 17:49
- Gender: Female
Re: Tinnitus by cat repeller
There are no rules (EU) in the volume. The sound is so loud that hearing loss occurs. Solar Garden Guard: 1500m2 area. Range can be up to 45 meters.
Mosquito gives: Headache earache and tinnitus (dutch News Paper).
Mosquito gives: Headache earache and tinnitus (dutch News Paper).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Tinnitus by cat repeller
I thought that was TNT stood for .....tinnitus
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Tinnitus by cat repeller
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:krussel wrote:I have one or two of those car scare devices on my delivery.
Doh
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
postbode
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 03 Dec 2014, 17:49
- Gender: Female
Re: Tinnitus by cat repeller
See also:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8419982.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... sance.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8419982.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;