ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

dom support

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gazman1586
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 Dec 2014, 15:35
Gender: Male

dom support

Post by gazman1586 »

Can a manager suddenly change the job discription of a Dom Support role and start treating them as a spare postman. I applied for an admin job so I would be indoors yet I have been put out to deliver mail continually. Any advice greatly appreciated
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: dom support

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

gazman1586 wrote:Can a manager suddenly change the job discription of a Dom Support role and start treating them as a spare postman. I applied for an admin job so I would be indoors yet I have been put out to deliver mail continually. Any advice greatly appreciated

Whether they can change it or not I have no idea,might be worth checking with your ADR or Branch, especially if you have protected characteristics that affect your working life.

As an aside my own offices DOM support do what we call a half delivery every day. Its prepped for them, but they do the actual delivery.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: dom support

Post by dvbuk55 »

There are very few indoor duties that aren't required to go on delivery now, Locker staff, callers staff it's open season. They've never asked me but my stand in is continually being sent out and the afternoon guy is now on the delivery list. One manager said fairly recently we might ask you to go out and my response was you'll be delivering before me.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: dom support

Post by 97gaz »

[
Last edited by 97gaz on 16 Dec 2019, 00:51, edited 1 time in total.
Harv12
Posts: 158
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
Gender: Male

Re: dom support

Post by Harv12 »

iv been dom support twice once for about 5 years 10 years ago and for 1 year again 2 years ago. both times i spent more time on delivery than i did acutally doing my job, you can't do both and get everything done, hense the reason i jacked it in and went back on delivery. all the pressure and stress trying to cover both sides and dealing with callers office and your getting the same pay as normal postman, no thank you
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3220
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: dom support

Post by Acca Dacca »

Operational needs
:whistle
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next