ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

nights

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rusty nails
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 52
Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 16:30
Gender: Male

nights

Post by rusty nails »

Hello, I've been asked if I want to work nights at a close delivery office (11pm start) in the run up to xmas. Do I qualify for any night allowance or anything? cheers.
dave0876
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09

Re: nights

Post by dave0876 »

Yes you qualify for night allowance to qualify you have to work three hours in between 23.00 and 05.00 I'm on nights over Xmas and getting this payment £70.00 a week I think don't let your DOM fob you off it is what you are entitled to.
rusty nails
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 52
Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 16:30
Gender: Male

Re: nights

Post by rusty nails »

Cheers for that mate
feduppostie
Posts: 947
Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46

Re: nights

Post by feduppostie »

please bear in mind you only get night allowance of you are working it on duty - not overtime
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: nights

Post by krussel »

Rusty If your ok sleeping in the day I would take it. :thumbup
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
rusty nails
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 52
Joined: 02 Dec 2014, 16:30
Gender: Male

Re: nights

Post by rusty nails »

They asked if i'd like to swap my shift (25hour) to night shift for a while so not on OT at all. I'm guessing i'll get it then?
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: nights

Post by OnAFlyer »

feduppostie wrote:please bear in mind you only get night allowance of you are working it on duty - not overtime
Yep, thanks for that CWU, just another part of the 'deal of the century' :roll:
dave0876
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09

Re: nights

Post by dave0876 »

I'm doing it as a duty and as the rep I also negotiated locally that the guy who is also doing it but also doing his delivery hence he us doing the early bit on o/t but us also being paid the allowance.