ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The new P739 Card

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
alloria
Posts: 176
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 22:48
Gender: Male

The new P739 Card

Post by alloria »

What a disaster!

Not enough room to write the address and postcode, meaning that you have to try to write it in that small space, and it ends up being unreadable.

Does anybody else agree?
Vote no on the "Agreement"
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by Justanotherstar »

I prefer the old ones...not quite sure why they needed changing... :roll:
oypostie
Posts: 914
Joined: 25 Dec 2007, 13:39

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by oypostie »

Quite agree. Massive backward step :arrrghhh
mad leveller
Posts: 33
Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 18:22

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by mad leveller »

Not just me then, didn't there's enough room for address :chuckle
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by OnAFlyer »

The are two lines for the address, how big is your writing! Much of the time I can fit the address on without even using the second line.

The cards are much better, more idiot proof for customers that try and collect without ID and more clear on why the parcel or card couldn't be left if flats were inaccessible etc.
seaside
Posts: 266
Joined: 31 May 2013, 18:51
Gender: Female

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by seaside »

They are rubbish, all the customers details should be on front, not front and back. The address space is a bit tight. :arrrghhh
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

OnAFlyer wrote:The are two lines for the address, how big is your writing! Much of the time I can fit the address on without even using the second line.

The cards are much better, more idiot proof for customers that try and collect without ID and more clear on why the parcel or card couldn't be left if flats were inaccessible etc.

100% agree - also a lot quicker to fill out as well. Bigger space below where the barcode goes enough space for multiple ones, or for a short description to help the Callers Office.

Having 2 of the cards to compare and I think the space for the address is actually very similar (2 1/2 lines each) although the new one the lines are spaced wider and is 3/4 the length of the old one.

All in all a lot better in my honest opinion.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
masterblaster
Posts: 285
Joined: 10 Sep 2010, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by masterblaster »

mad leveller wrote:Not just me then, didn't there's enough room for address :chuckle
No not enough room, would be OK if I was sat at a desk (in the warm), not wiv arm full of mail, and a pda on me wrist.

Oh and while I'm about it, why do we get issued wiv crap pens? A click on click off one would be far easier to use, (and cheaper in the long run) as when I lose the pen top, the pen gets thrown.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by Himaggen »

The P739 cards are a huge improvement on anything we've had before, they are easier to understand and quicker to complete. The only niggle I have with them is the pointless inclusion of a line of boxes intended to take individual characters of a tracking number.
masterblaster wrote:No not enough room, would be OK if I was sat at a desk (in the warm), not wiv arm full of mail, and a pda on me wrist.
Why have you got an arm full of mail? …it should be in your LWT or HCT. Why are you carrying mail destined for someone else to another persons door?
If carrying your PDA on your wrist is in some way restrictive, then keep it in the carrying case supplied specifically to alleviate that problem!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Could still be a singleton pouch delivery - we are endangered but there a few of us still around :wave .

In the same situation I reband the bundle and lay it on or in the pouch.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by Mr_Pink »

masterblaster wrote:
Oh and while I'm about it, why do we get issued wiv crap pens? A click on click off one would be far easier to use, (and cheaper in the long run) as when I lose the pen top, the pen gets thrown.
What are these mysterious things called pens you speak of!? Only time Ive been issued with a pen, was on my induction day, was a watch & win (or some such rubbish) pen that promptly stopped working the next day.
postslippete
Posts: 4194
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by postslippete »

Cards are ok, just a shame they are not waterproof!!
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by stan_lers »

masterblaster wrote:Oh and while I'm about it, why do we get issued wiv crap pens? A click on click off one would be far easier to use, (and cheaper in the long run) as when I lose the pen top, the pen gets thrown.
Also if you put them in your leg pockets, your body heat makes them burst and you get ink all over your shorts, legs and hands. I always buy my own or just stay away from the really cheap biros.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by datasaint »

Himaggen wrote:The only niggle I have with them is the pointless inclusion of a line of boxes intended to take individual characters of a tracking number.!
That is useful, it helps prevent you missing a number out.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: The new P739 Card

Post by Lounge Lizard »

It could be quite a while till we get the new P739s.
We've not long had PDAs.