ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
what happened
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
what happened
What happened to the mail today I don't think I have ever known such low volume of mail, is everybody the same or have I just been lucky
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
letters weren't heavy but 5 packet bags and 5 D2D's made up for it
-
donein
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 10:53
- Location: north devon
Re: what happened
terry2972 wrote:What happened to the mail today I don't think I have ever known such low volume of mail, is everybody the same or have I just been lucky
wait till tomorrow bub the word is doomed
-
A2B
- Posts: 2025
- Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
very little mail, reasonable amount of packets but 90% went through the letterbox and only brought 4 back, earliest finish for a long while but will pay for it tomorrow 
-
electronica500
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 26 Feb 2010, 17:43
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
quarter of a tray of mech,
not one xmas card to be seen
the calm before the storm! maybe.......
not one xmas card to be seen
the calm before the storm! maybe.......
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
same in my office, very quiet
-
kirstyx
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
- Gender: Female
Re: what happened
very quiet in my office to but we had our work time learning this morning and was told to enjoy today and good luck for the next 2 weeks as they are expecting the rest of this week to be packet heavy and next week to be letter heavy. im kinda relieved to be on resricted duties right now max 1 1/2 delivery
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
I worked last night and threw some sequencing off on a commercial walk, there was a grand total of 80 letters for the entire walk in the tray! The top row had 8 letters in it and all that was left to throw in was the last wave of sequencing (half a bundle) and last bit of IPS mail.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
Lol why do we need 'good luck'?' Finish time is the same whether 1 packet bag or 20.kirstyx wrote:very quiet in my office to but we had our work time learning this morning and was told to enjoy today and good luck for the next 2 weeks as they are expecting the rest of this week to be packet heavy and next week to be letter heavy. im kinda relieved to be on resricted duties right now max 1 1/2 delivery
-
miles_peters
- Posts: 297
- Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
packets were crazy today. black Friday hit us bigtime. I bought back 25 packets to the office, must have taken out over 100 packets
-
tiggle
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 20:44
- Gender: Female
Re: what happened
terry2972 wrote:What happened to the mail today I don't think I have ever known such low volume of mail, is everybody the same or have I just been lucky
yep pretty quiet only 20 minutes extended
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
Very quiet mail wise but lots of parcles.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: what happened
Yes, very quiet mail wise but lots of parcels.
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: what happened
Hardly any letters but big parcels filled half the van
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.