ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
advice needed
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
advice needed
Shortly I will be able to up my pension contributions will the money get deducted from my basic wage or from all pay including Overtime many thanks
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: advice needed
terry2972 wrote:Shortly I will be able to up my pension contributions will the money get deducted from my basic wage or from all pay including Overtime many thanks
Only pensionable pay and allowances - Though to be frank I don't know what is and what isn't pensionable.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: advice needed
Pension payments get deducted from your gross pay before any tax is taken off and they benefit from tax relief at source. So a £10 per week contribution only actually costs £8 because £2 gets taken off your income tax.terry2972 wrote:Shortly I will be able to up my pension contributions will the money get deducted from my basic wage or from all pay including Overtime many thanks
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: advice needed
Yes, but what he means is will the percentage contribution be payable from ALL his wages including O/T etc. or his basic. The answer is the basic pay, the weekly amount is fixed and will not increase if you do O/T or get a bonus.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: advice needed
thank you busted flush for the info its still a good deal if i am correct i put ion 6% and they put in 9% so not a bad deal
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: advice needed
Indeed - if you can afford it do it. I would too.terry2972 wrote:thank you busted flush for the info its still a good deal if i am correct i put ion 6% and they put in 9% so not a bad deal
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: advice needed
This is not correct. 6% will be deducted from both basic and overtime, however the employers contribution will be based on basic pay only.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: advice needed
Thank you for that information I will have do some number crunching but if I can afford it it will probably still be a good deal
-
toomuchcoke
- Posts: 309
- Joined: 05 Jun 2011, 18:15
- Gender: Male
Re: advice needed
That is incorrect. My payslips show the same deduction against "RMDCP 6% EE" no matter how much overtime I've done. However I guess things may be different if you on a part-time contract as any overtime up to 39 hours will get a pension deduction (and presumably a contribution from the RM?) from it?Lincox wrote:This is not correct. 6% will be deducted from both basic and overtime, however the employers contribution will be based on basic pay only.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: advice needed
You may be correct as I am part time, but the contribution from Royal Mail only seems to be based on contracted hours.toomuchcoke wrote:That is incorrect. My payslips show the same deduction against "RMDCP 6% EE" no matter how much overtime I've done. However I guess things may be different if you on a part-time contract as any overtime up to 39 hours will get a pension deduction (and presumably a contribution from the RM?) from it?Lincox wrote:This is not correct. 6% will be deducted from both basic and overtime, however the employers contribution will be based on basic pay only.