ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How may FTE posties does RM have?
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
How may FTE posties does RM have?
I have read in a number of sources online that RM has 150,000 employees. Does anyone know how many FTE actual delivery posties there are within that number? Or how many duties the country is divided into? I did once hear an expert on the radio saying that on average a postie delivered to 450 houses and that this figure had not changed for decades.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
I think 110,000-ish are actual posties. I suppose if you averaged rurals out with the 600+ call frames it could be 450 on average, but the figure must've changed due to an increasing population and households unless the number of delivery staff has risen pro-rata which nowadays I doubt...Izzy wrote:I have read in a number of sources online that RM has 150,000 employees. Does anyone know how many FTE actual delivery posties there are within that number? Or how many duties the country is divided into? I did once hear an expert on the radio saying that on average a postie delivered to 450 houses and that this figure had not changed for decades.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
BOLLARKS like to see said expert but like management they just vanish at the sound of work!Izzy wrote:I have read in a number of sources online that RM has 150,000 employees. Does anyone know how many FTE actual delivery posties there are within that number? Or how many duties the country is divided into? I did once hear an expert on the radio saying that on average a postie delivered to 450 houses and that this figure had not changed for decades.
-
Izzy
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 23:09
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
To me 450 is feasible. Today I took more than 8 hours to prep and deliver to 100 calls in rural Scotland. But most duties in our office are 300-700 calls.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
I dreamed of having 450 or even 500
I had 740 on my walk before p&l came in this year, now a steady 1200 between the 2 of us
I had 740 on my walk before p&l came in this year, now a steady 1200 between the 2 of us
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
Royal Mail issued 74000 scanners so that's an indication how many dels there are . Add day off covers I would estimate about 90000 work directly on del.
-
suz67
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
So that's a reduction of 140!dave72 wrote:I dreamed of having 450 or even 500![]()
I had 740 on my walk before p&l came in this year, now a steady 1200 between the 2 of us
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
To be honest the number of delivery points has little effect on whether a duty is a good or bad one.
High density areas with low traffic volumes such as urban estates could be easier that a leafy suburban delivery with lots of professionals as resident. I know of one duty in my office with over 850 DPs (all back to backs) that gets done in the same time as a 230 Dp one in a suburb. In fact the larger delivery usually has less bags than the smaller one.
Its housing density, traffic profiles, employment characteristics and disposable income that have a greater effect than the number of Dps each walk has.
High density areas with low traffic volumes such as urban estates could be easier that a leafy suburban delivery with lots of professionals as resident. I know of one duty in my office with over 850 DPs (all back to backs) that gets done in the same time as a 230 Dp one in a suburb. In fact the larger delivery usually has less bags than the smaller one.
Its housing density, traffic profiles, employment characteristics and disposable income that have a greater effect than the number of Dps each walk has.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
This is also when not being paid separately for D2Ds becomes very unfair!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:To be honest the number of delivery points has little effect on whether a duty is a good or bad one.
High density areas with low traffic volumes such as urban estates could be easier that a leafy suburban delivery with lots of professionals as resident. I know of one duty in my office with over 850 DPs (all back to backs) that gets done in the same time as a 230 Dp one in a suburb. In fact the larger delivery usually has less bags than the smaller one.
Its housing density, traffic profiles, employment characteristics and disposable income that have a greater effect than the number of Dps each walk has.
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
tiggle
- Posts: 135
- Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 20:44
- Gender: Female
Re: How may FTE posties does RM have?
Judgee wrote:This is also when not being paid separately for D2Ds becomes very unfair!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:To be honest the number of delivery points has little effect on whether a duty is a good or bad one.
High density areas with low traffic volumes such as urban estates could be easier that a leafy suburban delivery with lots of professionals as resident. I know of one duty in my office with over 850 DPs (all back to backs) that gets done in the same time as a 230 Dp one in a suburb. In fact the larger delivery usually has less bags than the smaller one.
Its housing density, traffic profiles, employment characteristics and disposable income that have a greater effect than the number of Dps each walk has.
D2Ds I can remember complaining via email to cwu head office about delivery supplement rubbish. I was told households were dead in the water and in a few years we'd be laughing,Had 5 lots last week and 1450 delivery points on a shared van duty.how we laughed !!!!!!!!!!