ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

These boots aren't made for walking.....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lazycarton
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by Lazycarton »

Well, not boots actually, but you know the song :Very Happy

I have been using a pair of Magnums since about July and they are completely shot. There is virtually no tread let on them and the heels are so worn down that they slip on uneven ground. I have been told that I am not allowed to order another pair unless someone at RM deems that I have a good case for a new pair. Well, isn't the fact that I have walked the soles off this pair enough!!! :crazy: Basically I have used up my quota for the year - 2 pairs of shoes!!!! :shock:

What am I supposed to do, buy my own or wait until they fall to bits completely, or I break my neck. Will speak to DOM tomorrow to see if he has any sway. You couldn't make it up could you.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by Godric »

Lazycarton wrote:Well, not boots actually, but you know the song :Very Happy

I have been using a pair of Magnums since about July and they are completely shot. There is virtually no tread let on them and the heels are so worn down that they slip on uneven ground. I have been told that I am not allowed to order another pair unless someone at RM deems that I have a good case for a new pair. Well, isn't the fact that I have walked the soles off this pair enough!!! :crazy: Basically I have used up my quota for the year - 2 pairs of shoes!!!! :shock:

What am I supposed to do, buy my own or wait until they fall to bits completely, or I break my neck. Will speak to DOM tomorrow to see if he has any sway. You couldn't make it up could you.
complain to your Health and safety Rep and he will get it sorted out
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

You just need to get the dom to authorise the replacements that's all
spen
Posts: 531
Joined: 18 Jan 2011, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by spen »

Order them yourself in the uniform website,,, n the order gets sent to your dom for authorisation,,, as long as he okays it,,, never had a problem, 4 or 5 psirs a year me, no probs
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by 5plusbonusball »

Where it says leave a message for dom to see on the order form I write something like - Health and safety issue which could lead to an AOD .They will then be authorised very quickly , as an AOD (accident on del) will hit his budget. :Very Happy
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by trythat »

spen wrote:Order them yourself in the uniform website,,, n the order gets sent to your dom for authorisation,,, as long as he okays it,,, never had a problem, 4 or 5 psirs a year me, no probs
I just get a manager to order, but I to have 4 or 5 pairs a year, generally because right sole wears away, from getting in and out of the van :Very Happy
tansorboy
Posts: 355
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
Gender: Male

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by tansorboy »

Get the CAt boots next time - much better.
ganda
Posts: 131
Joined: 16 Dec 2011, 22:24
Gender: Male

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by ganda »

No footwear is going to last any length of time when the average postie is walking 60 odd miles a week
bigbazza
Posts: 113
Joined: 15 Feb 2010, 19:28
Gender: Male

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by bigbazza »

Mine last about 3 months then lino just orders a fresh new pair. But not all lino's are decent. We are lucky in our office.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by rubberbond »

bigbazza wrote:Mine last about 3 months then lino just orders a fresh new pair. But not all lino's are decent. We are lucky in our office.
He won't last then,like your boots :Very Happy
Lazycarton
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: These boots aren't made for walking.....

Post by Lazycarton »

I spoke to my manager this morning who is a really decent bloke. He has actioned the stuff I need, so I should get them soon :Very Happy