ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

the 200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

the 200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Post by themailman »

hi,

do you have to work the full 2-3 weeks christmas period (including days off), or if you just choose to work your existing 39 hours with a rest day, will you still get the money?

thanks

:nana
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Re: the £200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Post by holly123 »

yes just work as normal and take your days rest, I think only if you go sick that effects your bonus .
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: the £200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

holly123 wrote:yes just work as normal and take your days rest, I think only if you go sick that effects your bonus .

and then only if your pay is reduced.

However official and unofficial strikes also affect the christmas bonus IIRC 10% wildcat per day and 3% official.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: the £200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Post by themailman »

thanks for the info.

This will be the first time in 20 years I haven't worked my days off at Christmas, simply unable to physically do it anymore.
jeanie
Posts: 71
Joined: 28 Aug 2010, 19:13
Gender: Male

Re: the 200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Post by jeanie »

Im on the sick this week, not sure if I will be fit enough for next week either, will I lose my £200 christmas bonus? Which date does the christmas pressure start for the £200 bonus??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: the 200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jeanie wrote:Im on the sick this week, not sure if I will be fit enough for next week either, will I lose my £200 christmas bonus?
Not unless they reduce or stop your pay.
jeanie wrote:Which date does the christmas pressure start for the £200 bonus??
Its already started http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... ts#p672617" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
based on the four December weeks (commencing 24 November
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
jeanie
Posts: 71
Joined: 28 Aug 2010, 19:13
Gender: Male

Re: the 200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Post by jeanie »

Ok, thanks for the info. just been put on antibiotics and steriods so dont think wise for me to go back till im right, I will trigger a stage 1 now anyway, this is the third time ive triggered a stage 1 in 16yrs of service so ive not done too bad...i think!
Rory
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
Gender: Male

Re: the 200 Christmas bonus/supplement - criteria.

Post by Rory »

Is it pro-rata? If so will it increase if you work full time on overtime during the pressure?