ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
some advice please
-
Cheltpostie2013
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 24 May 2013, 13:06
- Gender: Male
some advice please
I keep being sent to other offices some over an hour away, with no training on the jobs is this acceptable? its really taking its toll on me now I work in the evenings doing collections and by time I get home from these other offices im barely having any rest.
-
weary_posty
- Posts: 225
- Joined: 01 Jul 2011, 15:08
- Gender: Male
Re: some advice please
Just work your hours
Arrive at the office at your start time
have them arrange transport for you to another office if you are moved
Inform the DOM at the other office you will only be working your time
Return to your office at you finish time.
Arrive at the office at your start time
have them arrange transport for you to another office if you are moved
Inform the DOM at the other office you will only be working your time
Return to your office at you finish time.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: some advice please
How are you getting there ?
Are they driving you over and picking you back up within the duty time. ?
Are they driving you over and picking you back up within the duty time. ?
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Cheltpostie2013
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 24 May 2013, 13:06
- Gender: Male
Re: some advice please
We'll I have been turning up a couple of hours early as I normally box up the job I'll be working on in my office but now I keep getting sent to these offices I may just come in at my start time of 9.30, I have been taking a van over most days and finishing the round at my finish time and driving back without claiming.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: some advice please
Cheltpostie2013 wrote:We'll I have been turning up a couple of hours early as I normally box up the job I'll be working on in my office but now I keep getting sent to these offices I may just come in at my start time of 9.30, I have been taking a van over most days and finishing the round at my finish time and driving back without claiming.
Ok least you are getting a van.
If they ask you to use your car at any time just tell them that your insurance only covers you to commute to a single place of work and not business use.
Speak to your manager about the extra hours you are doing as he /she might not be aware. If they do not want to pay / or you have had enough just inform the manager that you are only going to work your contracted hours.
I don't know if your a CWU member but if your going to be shipped around like this a Rep may be a good friend to have on board.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: some advice please
Just refuse to do it if you don't know the round or work until your time and take it back to the office. It should be illegal to send people out on rounds that they don't know.
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: some advice please
I wouldnt refuse to do it because as has been posted on here before about being sent to other offices its a reasonable request. If you don't know the round you're going to be doing when you're there you could ask why it's always you being sent and as you say you don't know the route they can't say its because you have knowledge of the delivery. I would work to your time though, start at your "home" office at your official start time and take your meal breaks and make sure you're at your home office for the end of your shift. Not finish at the other office at your finish time then travel back (unless you want and are getting overtime for this)Barbel wrote:Just refuse to do it if you don't know the round or work until your time and take it back to the office. It should be illegal to send people out on rounds that they don't know.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: some advice please
I don't think it is reasonable to send someone out blind in another office,in fact it should be on a fair and equal basis,not just one person all the time. Get someone with high seniority to do it, oh no, silly me, they are untouchable in this business.blisterfeet wrote:I wouldnt refuse to do it because as has been posted on here before about being sent to other offices its a reasonable request. If you don't know the round you're going to be doing when you're there you could ask why it's always you being sent and as you say you don't know the route they can't say its because you have knowledge of the delivery. I would work to your time though, start at your "home" office at your official start time and take your meal breaks and make sure you're at your home office for the end of your shift. Not finish at the other office at your finish time then travel back (unless you want and are getting overtime for this)Barbel wrote:Just refuse to do it if you don't know the round or work until your time and take it back to the office. It should be illegal to send people out on rounds that they don't know.
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
Re: some advice please
The problem is that the new contracts say that they can be sent to other offices but I agree that it shouldn't be the same person being sent time after time, thats why I said ask why its you being sent. What do you mean by high seniority people are untouchable? do you not think that loyalty in a company should count for something?rubberbond wrote:I don't think it is reasonable to send someone out blind in another office,in fact it should be on a fair and equal basis,not just one person all the time. Get someone with high seniority to do it, oh no, silly me, they are untouchable in this business.blisterfeet wrote:I wouldnt refuse to do it because as has been posted on here before about being sent to other offices its a reasonable request. If you don't know the round you're going to be doing when you're there you could ask why it's always you being sent and as you say you don't know the route they can't say its because you have knowledge of the delivery. I would work to your time though, start at your "home" office at your official start time and take your meal breaks and make sure you're at your home office for the end of your shift. Not finish at the other office at your finish time then travel back (unless you want and are getting overtime for this)Barbel wrote:Just refuse to do it if you don't know the round or work until your time and take it back to the office. It should be illegal to send people out on rounds that they don't know.
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: some advice please
We all earn the same don't we? Oh, apart from the seniors who have grandfather rights for driving, early starts and all sorts of other crazy allowances just for turning up for work and doing less than anyone else.blisterfeet wrote:The problem is that the new contracts say that they can be sent to other offices but I agree that it shouldn't be the same person being sent time after time, thats why I said ask why its you being sent. What do you mean by high seniority people are untouchable? do you not think that loyalty in a company should count for something?rubberbond wrote:I don't think it is reasonable to send someone out blind in another office,in fact it should be on a fair and equal basis,not just one person all the time. Get someone with high seniority to do it, oh no, silly me, they are untouchable in this business.blisterfeet wrote:I wouldnt refuse to do it because as has been posted on here before about being sent to other offices its a reasonable request. If you don't know the round you're going to be doing when you're there you could ask why it's always you being sent and as you say you don't know the route they can't say its because you have knowledge of the delivery. I would work to your time though, start at your "home" office at your official start time and take your meal breaks and make sure you're at your home office for the end of your shift. Not finish at the other office at your finish time then travel back (unless you want and are getting overtime for this)Barbel wrote:Just refuse to do it if you don't know the round or work until your time and take it back to the office. It should be illegal to send people out on rounds that they don't know.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: some advice please
That's a separate issue. There are contracted reasons for this. Can i suggest you start another thread if you feel your being hard done by seniors.tansorboy wrote:We all earn the same don't we? Oh, apart from the seniors who have grandfather rights for driving, early starts and all sorts of other crazy allowances just for turning up for work and doing less than anyone else.
This thread is to try and help some poor sod who seems to be shoved from pillar to post.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Ricardo44
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 15 Dec 2013, 20:34
- Gender: Male
Re: some advice please
There are some senior men in my office who have been shafted by management and are forced to work as leave reserves but its also true that there are some who have been on cushy rurals for years who seem to live in a different world to the rest of the office.
What really annoys me though are the ones who haven't been there very long but get given their own walks.
What really annoys me though are the ones who haven't been there very long but get given their own walks.