Thinking of applying to be an Army Cadet Instructor.
Does anyone know what RM do with regard any time off i need for training purposes, annual camp etc?
I know RM are quite accepting for members of the TA and that those terms don't apply to the Cadets.
There isn't a lot of training time needed per year, but annual camp is often one or two weeks.
Whilst i'm certainly not just after some paid time off to play soldiers, i'm also slightly hesitant at taking time off once in a blue moon that will ultimately cost me my annual leave and basically be costing me money.
Any one know or have experience of this?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Army Cadet Instructor With RM
-
out come the wolves
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 11 Nov 2014, 17:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Army Cadet Instructor With RM
You would be best to phone HR or talk with your DSM (if he/she is human) I know the TA guys and girls get time off with no problem, and it doesn't affect their annual leave to train etc, not sure if the cadets would be treated the same.
Shut Up Legs!
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
Re: Army Cadet Instructor With RM
I'm a Sea Cadet instructor, I get nothing extra.
Have to work my backside off swapping weekends off and some damn good guesswork to figure out when I might need my A/L when booking it 18 months in advance
Have to work my backside off swapping weekends off and some damn good guesswork to figure out when I might need my A/L when booking it 18 months in advance
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Army Cadet Instructor With RM
Presumably the same as the rest of us when we want time off for whatever we choose to do in out spare time.Mezza wrote:Thinking of applying to be an Army Cadet Instructor.
Does anyone know what RM do with regard any time off i need for training purposes, annual camp etc?
I know RM are quite accepting for members of the TA and that those terms don't apply to the Cadets.
There isn't a lot of training time needed per year, but annual camp is often one or two weeks.
Whilst i'm certainly not just after some paid time off to play soldiers, i'm also slightly hesitant at taking time off once in a blue moon that will ultimately cost me my annual leave and basically be costing me money.
Any one know or have experience of this?
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Army Cadet Instructor With RM
I'm TA and have worked with the ACF previously as a service helper, good experience mostly, the kids are a revelation in what they can achieve, through my work I have come across this website which can answer your questions specifically, a lot of people on there are very helpful and will give you sensible answers.
http://armycadetforce.com/forum.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whatever you do avoid ARRSE as most of the members on there will only give stupid information and send you up...unfortunately, you would need a thick skin if you dare venture there, there some ACF types but not many.
http://armycadetforce.com/forum.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Whatever you do avoid ARRSE as most of the members on there will only give stupid information and send you up...unfortunately, you would need a thick skin if you dare venture there, there some ACF types but not many.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
aposter
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 205
- Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Army Cadet Instructor With RM
I'm a scout leader do I get any extra free holidays for the development of our youth, not many camps 4 weeks a year will do? 