ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duties?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duties?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

article-2480066-1915D4F900000578-100_964x587.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by bustedflush »

Very politically incorrect. Looks more like a mobile DIM office.

Where will you fit the HCT and packets?
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by Tuffers1875 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
article-2480066-1915D4F900000578-100_964x587.jpg
Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs? :no no

Totally inappropriate post IMO.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by dvbuk55 »

Tuffers1875 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
article-2480066-1915D4F900000578-100_964x587.jpg
Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs? :no no

Totally inappropriate post IMO.
Quite right Tuffers, I can't see a mounting for a .50 cal either. :cuppa
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by ewancurze »

Flame thrower for when it snows,always do council estates first when it snows cos the snowballers are still asleep.
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by mdm »

Tuffers1875 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
article-2480066-1915D4F900000578-100_964x587.jpg
Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs? :no no

Totally inappropriate post IMO.
Good God, try developing a sense of humour. I live on a council estate and I found this funny!! :Very Happy
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by wabbithunta »

mdm wrote:
Tuffers1875 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
article-2480066-1915D4F900000578-100_964x587.jpg
Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs? :no no

Totally inappropriate post IMO.
Good God, try developing a sense of humour. I live on a council estate and I found this funny!! :Very Happy
I deliver to one, and believe me, they'd find this hilarious, especially the OAP's. The chavvy ones would like this as their transport too I bet.
Plod would be interested in using it as an undercover vehicle, probably, but not with RM markings, as this could blend in with the surroundings somewhat for their "early morning calls" etc

I've know where this is from :Very Happy and it's a good call on using this pic...! :Applause

Although I'd probably think about using this one too.. :hmmmm
marauder.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by maisymoo04 »

I used to deliver to one many years back and I will tell you this , at Xmas you got more Xmas tips then you did on a nice close the gate walk that's a fact :shock:
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by ewancurze »

maisymoo04 wrote:I used to deliver to one many years back and I will tell you this , at Xmas you got more Xmas tips then you did on a nice close the gate walk that's a fact :shock:
I agree there!
answer=42
Posts: 64
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by answer=42 »

I thought this was serious to start with! Those of us that deliver on walks with a high concentration of council homes will identify with those long days when they all get a letter/bill/statement/card from the council. I drove a new Peugeot van the other day and it was HUGE. It was like one of the other new ones but bigger with 3 seats in the front and about 3 times as big as a cdti. I wondered whether this is the way we are going forward, you can a sh1t load of stuff in there! No headlamp guards though, we don't need them on our council estates the residents do seem to appreciate that the postie is mostly on their side.
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by Tuffers1875 »

mdm wrote:
Tuffers1875 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
article-2480066-1915D4F900000578-100_964x587.jpg
Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs? :no no

Totally inappropriate post IMO.
Good God, try developing a sense of humour. I live on a council estate and I found this funny!! :Very Happy
HLS :left:
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti

Post by mdm »

Tuffers1875 wrote:
mdm wrote:
Tuffers1875 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
article-2480066-1915D4F900000578-100_964x587.jpg
Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs? :no no

Totally inappropriate post IMO.
Good God, try developing a sense of humour. I live on a council estate and I found this funny!! :Very Happy
I

HLS :left:
Haha HLS :dance