article-2480066-1915D4F900000578-100_964x587.jpg
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duties?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duties?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
Very politically incorrect. Looks more like a mobile DIM office.
Where will you fit the HCT and packets?
Where will you fit the HCT and packets?
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Totally inappropriate post IMO.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
Quite right Tuffers, I can't see a mounting for a .50 cal either.Tuffers1875 wrote:Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
Totally inappropriate post IMO.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
Flame thrower for when it snows,always do council estates first when it snows cos the snowballers are still asleep.
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
Good God, try developing a sense of humour. I live on a council estate and I found this funny!!Tuffers1875 wrote:Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
Totally inappropriate post IMO.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
I deliver to one, and believe me, they'd find this hilarious, especially the OAP's. The chavvy ones would like this as their transport too I bet.mdm wrote:Good God, try developing a sense of humour. I live on a council estate and I found this funny!!Tuffers1875 wrote:Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
Totally inappropriate post IMO.
Plod would be interested in using it as an undercover vehicle, probably, but not with RM markings, as this could blend in with the surroundings somewhat for their "early morning calls" etc
I've know where this is from
Although I'd probably think about using this one too..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
I used to deliver to one many years back and I will tell you this , at Xmas you got more Xmas tips then you did on a nice close the gate walk that's a fact 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
I agree there!maisymoo04 wrote:I used to deliver to one many years back and I will tell you this , at Xmas you got more Xmas tips then you did on a nice close the gate walk that's a fact
-
answer=42
- Posts: 64
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
I thought this was serious to start with! Those of us that deliver on walks with a high concentration of council homes will identify with those long days when they all get a letter/bill/statement/card from the council. I drove a new Peugeot van the other day and it was HUGE. It was like one of the other new ones but bigger with 3 seats in the front and about 3 times as big as a cdti. I wondered whether this is the way we are going forward, you can a sh1t load of stuff in there! No headlamp guards though, we don't need them on our council estates the residents do seem to appreciate that the postie is mostly on their side.
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
HLSmdm wrote:Good God, try developing a sense of humour. I live on a council estate and I found this funny!!Tuffers1875 wrote:Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
Totally inappropriate post IMO.
-
mdm
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 209
- Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
- Gender: Male
Re: New Vans designed for the extra long Council estate duti
Haha HLSTuffers1875 wrote:Imdm wrote:Good God, try developing a sense of humour. I live on a council estate and I found this funny!!Tuffers1875 wrote:Why would a van need to have its headlights protected on a council estate? Are you saying people on council estates are likely to attack vehicles for no reason and are all thugs?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:![]()
Totally inappropriate post IMO.
HLS