ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Nikwax

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
GoingRoundTheBend
Posts: 108
Joined: 25 Jun 2014, 20:09
Gender: Male

Nikwax

Post by GoingRoundTheBend »

Has anybody used a product called Nikwax to re-waterproof their jackets?
Im wondering whether its worth getting it and doing both orange and red jackets....
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Nikwax

Post by wacko74 »

I've used the spray on nikwax.... complete and utter waste of money, I'm sure the jackets I tried it on were even LESS waterproof after I'd applied it!

I've heard some good reports about the wash-in Nikwax though.
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Nikwax

Post by rhino49 »

There are Nikwax treatments for different fabrics and garments - Spray on is not suitable for a breathable fabric such as goretex or it's equivalents, so the wash in type should be used - the even do a finish for waxed cotton clothing now and it works very well.

http://www.nikwax.co.uk/en-gb/productse ... lector.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

Re: Nikwax

Post by holly123 »

did my water proof leggings in it they worked well in it yesterday but found out I should of done my boots too, squelch squelch :Applause
Sir Henry
Posts: 1316
Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
Gender: Male

Re: Nikwax

Post by Sir Henry »

The good lady washes my waterproof in Nikwax whenever she reproofs her hiking/equestrian clothing. Stops the rain getting in but I sweat like a pig wearing the RM issue sauna jacket so dampness is the order of the day anyway.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
loverman shabba
Posts: 238
Joined: 11 Jul 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Re: Nikwax

Post by loverman shabba »

get a new one?