Has anybody used a product called Nikwax to re-waterproof their jackets?
Im wondering whether its worth getting it and doing both orange and red jackets....
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Nikwax
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Nikwax
I've used the spray on nikwax.... complete and utter waste of money, I'm sure the jackets I tried it on were even LESS waterproof after I'd applied it!
I've heard some good reports about the wash-in Nikwax though.
I've heard some good reports about the wash-in Nikwax though.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Nikwax
There are Nikwax treatments for different fabrics and garments - Spray on is not suitable for a breathable fabric such as goretex or it's equivalents, so the wash in type should be used - the even do a finish for waxed cotton clothing now and it works very well.
http://www.nikwax.co.uk/en-gb/productse ... lector.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.nikwax.co.uk/en-gb/productse ... lector.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Nikwax
did my water proof leggings in it they worked well in it yesterday but found out I should of done my boots too, squelch squelch 
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Nikwax
The good lady washes my waterproof in Nikwax whenever she reproofs her hiking/equestrian clothing. Stops the rain getting in but I sweat like a pig wearing the RM issue sauna jacket so dampness is the order of the day anyway.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"