ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

yea, like this is going to happen

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

yea, like this is going to happen

Post by ashadd »

IMAG0521.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by wannabeek »

Why not? I did that today, had a packet for no 42, knocked on at 40, 38, 36, then over to 44 and finally got rid of it at no 46. (I'd have carried on as far as no 52, the last one in that cul-de-sac) I delivered the letters to each house as I knocked on them, took an extra few mins to do it.

Having said that, I've always done it this way, so this 'new' method has added nothing to the total delivery time!
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by ashadd »

wannabeek wrote:Why not? I did that today, had a packet for no 42, knocked on at 40, 38, 36, then over to 44 and finally got rid of it at no 46. (I'd have carried on as far as no 52, the last one in that cul-de-sac) I delivered the letters to each house as I knocked on them, took an extra few mins to do it.

Having said that, I've always done it this way, so this 'new' method has added nothing to the total delivery time!
So you work for amazon do you ? :whistle
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
wannabeek
Posts: 996
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by wannabeek »

Huh? Don't get that comment. I work for RM, and try to successfully deliver every packet. What's the prob with that? I work at a sensible pace and I am paid for every minute of it.
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by ashadd »

wannabeek wrote:Huh? Don't get that comment. I work for RM, and try to successfully deliver every packet. What's the prob with that? I work at a sensible pace and I am paid for every minute of it.
Ffs, just read the note properly :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by wabbithunta »

I think the point they're making is that Amazon may not have even attempted a previous delivery?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by chrisj »

wannabee,

do you realise that after trying all the suggested neighbours, you should go back to the original property to leave a card for them to know where the parcel is?

To even suggest that this particular case will not add much time is telling porkies... So how many houses to get to number 23 and what distance and more importantly how many of this type of request can you normally do within one single delivery before there is some pressure on your time?

Lastly, do you work in a shared van and park and loop? If so, your partner must be very understanding or just like you and perhaps you folks have an easy round in an estate where houses are close enough together and neighbours are usually in and willing to take parcels in good time; without too much waiting... :evil/mad
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by krussel »

That Amazon parcel will just be dumped on the doorstep like all the others they deliver.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
ashadd
Posts: 605
Joined: 03 Oct 2008, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by ashadd »

krussel wrote:That Amazon parcel will just be dumped on the doorstep like all the others they deliver.

Thank you.... :dance :dance
I married my wife for her looks, but not the one she gave me when i said i was going to be a postman.
Richard007
Posts: 84
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by Richard007 »

Manager is posting replays on here FFS
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by eastie »

Every day when trying to post to a neighbour you hear the same reply at least once.
"I will take it this time but don't knock again as its getting beyond a joke
"
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by arnold cheshire »

ashadd wrote:
IMAG0521.jpg
anybody could write a piece of paper and post it on this forum .
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by arnold cheshire »

ashadd wrote:
IMAG0521.jpg
why not leave it half a mile up the estate at their mums ?
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by 5plusbonusball »

wannabeek if we all did that then all the callers office staff would lose their jobs except for one who serves the gasmen. Maybe you are trying too hard to get a medal??
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
SW17
Posts: 90
Joined: 10 Oct 2007, 12:17

Re: yea, like this is going to happen

Post by SW17 »

I for one shall not be trying any neighbours to get rid of any items unless the item has the instruction to do so on it, for one I have had a conflict with an angry neighbour who works shifts and also the time for carrying this out has not been included into my delivery span.
We are having cut outs now and because of this have been asked to do our lapsing first so we can re absorb anything we bring back into our own delivery the next day, this I find strange as absorbing was meant to be where time allows, well how can we be sure if we cant complete our own deliverys first, and why should customers on our own duty suffer because of this, even worse they seem to see this as an acceptable solution but this method still delays the mail and is being given a green light by management, now on top of all this we are to help Amazon over xmas as they cant cope and will probably be asked to prioratise there items over all others, we have become the dogs body of the delivery sector.....merry xmas.