ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dd_87
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:40
Gender: Male

Transfer

Post by dd_87 »

Hi, I want to get a transfer to another office I have spoke to them and they have vacancies and would have me there straight away. I spoke to my dom and he originally said yes and that he would speak to his opposite number. In between this they have sacked someone where I work and now my dom says he can't let me go. Is there anything I can do to do push this through. The office I wish to go to will shortly have vacancies online can I just apply for it on there?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
jimboaby
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 21:22
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by jimboaby »

Yes if it gets listed on the internal jobs page you can apply online and HR should sort the move out for you. Don't think your DOM can stop it going through but he can agree a timescale with the manager of the other office before he will let you go.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Transfer

Post by arnold cheshire »

dd_87 wrote:Hi, I want to get a transfer to another office I have spoke to them and they have vacancies and would have me there straight away. I spoke to my dom and he originally said yes and that he would speak to his opposite number. In between this they have sacked someone where I work and now my dom says he can't let me go. Is there anything I can do to do push this through. The office I wish to go to will shortly have vacancies online can I just apply for it on there?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
everytime i look for a vacancy at another office their always part time vacancies im full time can you apply and stay full time in the new office ?
dd_87
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by dd_87 »

Does the job advertised need to be a permanent position? Most are fixed term that get advertised?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

dd_87 wrote:Does the job advertised need to be a permanent position? Most are fixed term that get advertised?

No you can transfer to a fixed term contract but just remember you would then be on a fixed term contract rather than your permanent one
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Transfer

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
dd_87 wrote:Hi, I want to get a transfer to another office I have spoke to them and they have vacancies and would have me there straight away. I spoke to my dom and he originally said yes and that he would speak to his opposite number. In between this they have sacked someone where I work and now my dom says he can't let me go. Is there anything I can do to do push this through. The office I wish to go to will shortly have vacancies online can I just apply for it on there?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
everytime i look for a vacancy at another office their always part time vacancies im full time can you apply and stay full time in the new office ?
Only if there is a full time vacancy.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
dd_87 wrote:Hi, I want to get a transfer to another office I have spoke to them and they have vacancies and would have me there straight away. I spoke to my dom and he originally said yes and that he would speak to his opposite number. In between this they have sacked someone where I work and now my dom says he can't let me go. Is there anything I can do to do push this through. The office I wish to go to will shortly have vacancies online can I just apply for it on there?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
everytime i look for a vacancy at another office their always part time vacancies im full time can you apply and stay full time in the new office ?

The reason it's usually only pt vacancies is that if a ft vacancy arises, the staff in the office get to apply for it first so a pt more than likely would get made ft so then the resultant pt vacancy will be the one that becomes availing for somebody to transfer in on
dd_87
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by dd_87 »

Will I have to go through the whole application process again? It's not coming up as an internal job, also it's only an 18 hour contract, I thought my 20 was bad enough. Are contracts ever improved? The job is a full time job.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

dd_87 wrote:Will I have to go through the whole application process again? It's not coming up as an internal job, also it's only an 18 hour contract, I thought my 20 was bad enough. Are contracts ever improved? The job is a full time job.

When you apply for it online it will ask you if you are a RM employee at that point it asks you some questions and that's it. No need to go through whole process just remember you are taking a risk as at end of the fixed term you could be our of a job
dd_87
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by dd_87 »

Iv just logged in to my previous job application and it won't let me do anything didn't ask if I was an existing employee?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

dd_87 wrote:Iv just logged in to my previous job application and it won't let me do anything didn't ask if I was an existing employee?

You apply for this job online, so log in then search for this vacancy then select apply
stan_lers
Posts: 136
Joined: 04 Nov 2014, 21:52
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by stan_lers »

Also make sure you're checking the internal jobs site, not the public one: https://rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
deekin
Posts: 34
Joined: 25 May 2010, 15:11
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by deekin »

I have just transferred after lots of silly commotion of applying online, phones calls, etc. It turns out all you have to do is tell your manager to do an "ECR" (Employee change request). IF your target office want you, they will accept and your current manager has to let you transfer to them within 30 days.
dd_87
Posts: 6
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 17:40
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer

Post by dd_87 »

So my current manager will have to let me go? Surely if we're under staffed he doesn't?