ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sv.wilson
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by sv.wilson »

To cut a long story short... I was told when returning to the office this afternoon that a customer is saying they did not receive their special delivery, when I got a signature and there is proof of this on pda. She told my boss that she would be getting police involved. I got a signature from an ocupant in the house but they are saying it's not theirs. PDA coordinates are giving it was scanned just across road.

Any advice.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by Kings Norton »

Its out of your hands you got a signature its on the PDA the GPS will show where you were when it was signed. Don't worry about it. Its Royal Mail's problem.
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

And they want us to leave lesser items in "safe" places. If customers are getting this cheeky with signatures, parcels left in bins etc are going to cause some serious bother.
aposter
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 205
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by aposter »

Can you remember if it was the customers address you delivered to? Just wondering if it was addressed wrong if PDA showing opposite side of street.
sv.wilson
Posts: 5
Joined: 27 Nov 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by sv.wilson »

I know it was correct house because of the dogs and I knew who I was getting to sign it, the son.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

sv.wilson wrote:I know it was correct house because of the dogs and I knew who I was getting to sign it, the son.

This may seem silly but right now write a description on piece of paper what the son was wearing/doing. It will help validate your account later on if need, do it now while its fresh in your mind.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
answer=42
Posts: 64
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by answer=42 »

Whose name did you type in, the name it was addressed to or the name of the person that signed for it?
eric the viking
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: south west

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by eric the viking »

The PDA records where you tapped the done button ,so near the house is fine for a location.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by Hitcher »

BarnsleyLackey wrote:And they want us to leave lesser items in "safe" places. If customers are getting this cheeky with signatures, parcels left in bins etc are going to cause some serious bother.
Since when are you allowed to leave anything in a bin?
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

Hitcher wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:And they want us to leave lesser items in "safe" places. If customers are getting this cheeky with signatures, parcels left in bins etc are going to cause some serious bother.
Since when are you allowed to leave anything in a bin?
Some customers request it.
Toby Tyke
Posts: 97
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by Toby Tyke »

Hitcher wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:And they want us to leave lesser items in "safe" places. If customers are getting this cheeky with signatures, parcels left in bins etc are going to cause some serious bother.
Since when are you allowed to leave anything in a bin?
Got one on my round who has designated the blue bin as her "safe place"
Put it in writing and sent it to my Dom when I questioned it.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by dvbuk55 »

answer=42 wrote:Whose name did you type in, the name it was addressed to or the name of the person that signed for it?
Well I hope it was the person who signed because a signature on the PDA is practically worthless as a method of identification it's so indistinct.
celerycelery
Posts: 675
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 16:44

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by celerycelery »

BarnsleyLackey wrote:
Hitcher wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:And they want us to leave lesser items in "safe" places. If customers are getting this cheeky with signatures, parcels left in bins etc are going to cause some serious bother.
Since when are you allowed to leave anything in a bin?
Some customers request it.
And I'm sure if you left it in a bin they'd happily say "I requested it" when it goes missing and your suspended. Of course they wouldn't and your daft if you do it. When will people realise this kind of thing could cost you your job :arrrghhh
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by OnAFlyer »

celerycelery wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:
Hitcher wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:And they want us to leave lesser items in "safe" places. If customers are getting this cheeky with signatures, parcels left in bins etc are going to cause some serious bother.
Since when are you allowed to leave anything in a bin?
Some customers request it.
And I'm sure if you left it in a bin they'd happily say "I requested it" when it goes missing and your suspended. Of course they wouldn't and your daft if you do it. When will people realise this kind of thing could cost you your job :arrrghhh
Didn't you read his reply? The customer sent the request in writing. Some tracked have safe places printed on them, you can leave the item where it says without consequence as it is now official RM policy. (A photo of said label is a good idea just in case).
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: I got a SD signature but customer disputing it..

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

celerycelery wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:
Hitcher wrote:
BarnsleyLackey wrote:And they want us to leave lesser items in "safe" places. If customers are getting this cheeky with signatures, parcels left in bins etc are going to cause some serious bother.
Since when are you allowed to leave anything in a bin?
Some customers request it.
And I'm sure if you left it in a bin they'd happily say "I requested it" when it goes missing and your suspended. Of course they wouldn't and your daft if you do it. When will people realise this kind of thing could cost you your job :arrrghhh
Hence...The bother.