ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Picking a duty
-
Treacle12
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 14 Dec 2013, 17:07
- Gender: Male
Picking a duty
Hi all ,over a yr ago I picked a duty but the paperwork seems to have gone missing and a new DOM wants to put my duty up for repick with 1 other that the paperwork has also gone missing for . I signed something but cannot recall the wording or format ,should the paperwork be in my file or is signing for a duty a non paper exercise .Can the DOM do this ? Thanks
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Picking a duty
There seems to be a lot of missing paperwork at your office?Treacle12 wrote:Hi all ,over a yr ago I picked a duty but the paperwork seems to have gone missing and a new DOM wants to put my duty up for repick with 1 other that the paperwork has also gone missing for . I signed something but cannot recall the wording or format ,should the paperwork be in my file or is signing for a duty a non paper exercise .Can the DOM do this ? Thanks
If you have covered this duty for over a year why does the new DOM think that this is not your actual signed for duty?
Is this a structured or ring fenced duty that you are covering?
No signing for a duty is not a non paper exercise and your union rep should hold a record of this duty and to whom it is allocated and that applies to the other person whose paperwork has also gone missing.
Was this duty in a revision or advertised along with other duties?
No your DOM cannot put this duty up for resign if this is your signed duty but you will need to provide proof.
How long have you been in service and what type of Contract of Employment do you hold and is this the something that you may have signed.
-
Treacle12
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 14 Dec 2013, 17:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Picking a duty
Hi Re Dom and his belief that the duty is not signed for is down to a fellow worker who is not happy in his role .Its a standard duty that was picked by me some months after the revision that took place 5 months before.
The duty was not on the wall but was offered around ,I have no proof but know that I did sign something around that time relating to the duty .Over 10 yrs service and F/T
Thanks
The duty was not on the wall but was offered around ,I have no proof but know that I did sign something around that time relating to the duty .Over 10 yrs service and F/T
Thanks
-
delboy1121
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 16:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Picking a duty
Quick question, I signed for a duty in my office about a year ago, however as soon as a shift is needing covered I get moved to said shift and my shift gets cut up for overtime, can I refuse to move duties