ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is there any country in this whole wide world?
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Is there any country in this whole wide world?
Is there any country in this whole wide world where postman walk 4 to 5 miles on their delivery round ? I tell you some thing NOT even in third world ..... and very poor nations provide bicycle , motor cycle or van but they do NOT walk so many miles like postman do in the UK. Please name any country where postman walks 4, 5 miles every day on round.
-
sharky0308
- Posts: 58
- Joined: 02 Nov 2010, 18:51
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there any country in this whole wide world?
4/5 Miles.......I wish! What kind of delivery do you have? I'm out for 4.5 hours and it's non stop, I'll see your 4/5 miles and I'll raise you!Gold Fox wrote:Is there any country in this whole wide world where postman walk 4 to 5 miles on their delivery round ? I tell you some thing NOT even in third world ..... and very poor nations provide bicycle , motor cycle or van but they do NOT walk so many miles like postman do in the UK. Please name any country where postman walks 4, 5 miles every day on round.
That aside, I get your point!
-
knackeredneedadayoff
- Posts: 342
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 18:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there any country in this whole wide world?
Not many here ever,my delivery is 12 miles
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there any country in this whole wide world?
I gps'd my walk (8.1 miles on foot) and I put 20 miles on the van everyday
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there any country in this whole wide world?
Started walking at 11.10am today. Had 20 minute break at 1.30pm and delivered last letter at 16.30pm. This is a 5 hour walk on reasonably flat ground, so at 2 mph I will have walked 10 miles. The likelihood is that it is nearer 12 miles. This is one of the easier walks in the office. We are walking half marathon every day. weekly mileage approx 60 miles per week, annual mileage based on 48 weeks 2880 miles. This is unsustainable and any union worth it,s salt would never have agreed to walking these type of distances as a suitable alternative to cycling.
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there any country in this whole wide world?
All for 50 quid a day, what a wonderful job it isLincox wrote:Started walking at 11.10am today. Had 20 minute break at 1.30pm and delivered last letter at 16.30pm. This is a 5 hour walk on reasonably flat ground, so at 2 mph I will have walked 10 miles. The likelihood is that it is nearer 12 miles. This is one of the easier walks in the office. We are walking half marathon every day. weekly mileage approx 60 miles per week, annual mileage based on 48 weeks 2880 miles. This is unsustainable and any union worth it,s salt would never have agreed to walking these type of distances as a suitable alternative to cycling.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Is there any country in this whole wide world?
ChinaGold Fox wrote:Is there any country in this whole wide world where postman walk 4 to 5 miles on their delivery round ? .
She has to decide every day between a round of 25 miles, hiking through the steep mountains on foot, or one of 43 miles, some of which she has been able to cover by bicycle since a mountain road was built last year. Each route covers four of her eight villages and she alternates between the two.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
jmee54
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 19:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Is there any country in this whole wide world?
They have nice little battery powered trucks and mopeds in Sardinia. (Just been on my hols.) My walk was 12 miles. My last van round was 75 miles! Thanks to IHR I don't have to cripple myself anymore. I have been retired since May and the posties I talk to say things have got even worse since with moral at rock bottom and bickering between rural (van) and town (walk) duties.