ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Courier gearing up for Xmas
-
Davy
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 21 Jun 2014, 20:08
- Gender: Male
Courier gearing up for Xmas
courier page 13 . I notice a postie happily delivering mail in the snow . Do you think he's just pushed his new hct half a mile up hill to first delivery point with 40 kg of mail in it in 2 inches of snow . Health and safety . Lol 
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
That was probably an actor who was paid more for that one picture than we earn in week. 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
Nigel1505 wrote:That was probably an actor who was paid more for that one picture than we earn in week.
Not unless the photographer is daft.
http://www.castingcollective.co.uk/all-about-us/rates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1530
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
With only 40kg I should hope so!Davy wrote:courier page 13 . I notice a postie happily delivering mail in the snow . Do you think he's just pushed his new hct half a mile up hill to first delivery point with 40 kg of mail in it in 2 inches of snow . Health and safety . Lol
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
Used to read it until few yer ago . Everything just looks so rosy in every office across the country . Is there still a letters page?
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
Yes still a letter's page,and they have the answers apparently, but rarely gets your gripe or questions sorted, i cant bare to open it its so far removed from real life,put my sticker on refused and sendvit back,bored with it now figures graphs smiley faces staring at a flip chart blah blah blah! Its laughable,!Chelseablue wrote:Used to read it until few yer ago . Everything just looks so rosy in every office across the country . Is there still a letters page?
-
scrapsaturdays
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 09:16
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
I never open it ,goes in the recycling. Used to be informative and balanced. It changed a few years ago and I don't think it will ever get back to the old ways...............a bit like the job 
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
A yearNigel1505 wrote:That was probably an actor who was paid more for that one picture than we earn in week.
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
-
dados
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
- Gender: Male
- Location: leading the 5th column
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
Only read the Letters section,only to laugh at the inane replies by the Director of --------- (fill in the weekly job title),utter tripe
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
-
mrbungle
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 13:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
I rang RM up and asked to be taken off the mailing list for this complete waste of paper and was told that I couldn't. Apparently if you work for RM then you HAVE to have The Courier. It is quite annoying that The Courier is so far from the truth and I can't stop it being delivered to my house.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
not worth a phone call, just lob it straight in the bin, how hard can it be?mrbungle wrote:I rang RM up and asked to be taken off the mailing list for this complete waste of paper and was told that I couldn't. Apparently if you work for RM then you HAVE to have The Courier. It is quite annoying that The Courier is so far from the truth and I can't stop it being delivered to my house.
if it bothers you that much take it to work and put a kill off sticker on it, i know which i find easier
-
mrbungle
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 13:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
Well I was thinking of the "waste" part of things initially.korky wrote:not worth a phone call, just lob it straight in the bin, how hard can it be?mrbungle wrote:I rang RM up and asked to be taken off the mailing list for this complete waste of paper and was told that I couldn't. Apparently if you work for RM then you HAVE to have The Courier. It is quite annoying that The Courier is so far from the truth and I can't stop it being delivered to my house.
if it bothers you that much take it to work and put a kill off sticker on it, i know which i find easier
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
Sticker it and eventually they will ask you if you want to be removed from the mailing list. Not had a Courier for a couple of years now.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
when are rm sending out our xmas stamps ? 
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas
I delivered one today to a Postie's house ? 
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"