ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

[POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.

[POLL] - How much extra time on an average day on your walks does DTN use.

0-5 Minutes
12
7%
5-10 Minutes
14
8%
10-15 Minutes
26
16%
15-20 Minutes
31
19%
20-25 Minutes
15
9%
25-30 Minutes
22
13%
30 Minutes +
47
28%
 
Total votes: 167

The_Wax_Man
Posts: 191
Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
Gender: Male

[POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by The_Wax_Man »

DTN is now a RM standard. How does it affect you ? - Do you have any extra time built into your walk to accommodate DTN
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by halfull »

The_Wax_Man wrote:DTN is now a RM standard. How does it affect you ? - Do you have any extra time built into your walk to accommodate DTN
:roll:
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by cyrus »

I 739 it and don't bother trying a neighbor.I ain't got time.
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by mdm »

cyrus wrote:I 739 it and don't bother trying a neighbor.I ain't got time.
Snap!
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

mdm wrote:
cyrus wrote:I 739 it and don't bother trying a neighbor.I ain't got time.
Snap!

completely the wrong attitude, you should be doing your job properly and letting your managers have the problem if it adds time to your duty, if its going to add time to your duty and you insist on getting your duty tested you should find your duty being adjusted and then possibly some part time members of staff getting extra hours on their contracts, this i'm alright jack attitude is not helping anyone

as i have said in the past, if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way but for people who just point blank refuse to do the job properly to save time then you are ruining the job for everyone else
slinder123
Posts: 261
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
Gender: Female

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by slinder123 »

im afraid it is the old cliche of finishing early that causes people to write cards out rather than knock a neighbour they just cant accept working there full duty. until royal mail forces them to work there hours eg managers stay full day to stop them coming back early with mail and parcels so if they still got some left go out and try again .but i know and you know this will never happen so we are wasting our time posting these issues which has happened for years fraud fraud fraud :arrrghhh
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by noggin1969 »

if people are refusing to do it on security issues
I trust no one :nervous
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by cyrus »

zx135 wrote:
mdm wrote:
cyrus wrote:I 739 it and don't bother trying a neighbor.I ain't got time.
Snap!

completely the wrong attitude, you should be doing your job properly and letting your managers have the problem if it adds time to your duty, if its going to add time to your duty and you insist on getting your duty tested you should find your duty being adjusted and then possibly some part time members of staff getting extra hours on their contracts, this i'm alright jack attitude is not helping anyone

as i have said in the past, if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way but for people who just point blank refuse to do the job properly to save time then you are ruining the job for everyone else
Parcel goes missing I'm to blame.I don't care how low security risk an area is.I ain't leaving parcels with neighbors........ "if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way"... hmmmm ? our DOM uses this exact line are you a DOM?
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

noggin1969 wrote:
if people are refusing to do it on security issues
I trust no one :nervous
fair enough as i said, if its a security reason for not doing it, you have my backing, at the end of the day its your call on security
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by rubberbond »

Standard or not, several things have been made plain.
1 it is up to the person delivering as to whether or not it is safe to leave an item.
2 if said item goes missing, you will be investigated via your line manager, with the usual proviso that you are guilty before any conclusion to the contrary.
3 Who says I am not doing my job properly by not utilising DTN ? If I do ,or if I don't and leave a card, either way, I am doing my job correctly,especially as "doorstepping" is prohibited.
Only yesterday I saw an Amazon packet on someone's doorstep,no attempt at leaving it in a safe place. I had two packets for this customer and no way was I leaving them unattended as Amazon couriers do.
I use my judgement and will not apologise for doing so.
Last edited by rubberbond on 04 Nov 2014, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

cyrus wrote:
zx135 wrote:
mdm wrote:
cyrus wrote:I 739 it and don't bother trying a neighbor.I ain't got time.
Snap!

completely the wrong attitude, you should be doing your job properly and letting your managers have the problem if it adds time to your duty, if its going to add time to your duty and you insist on getting your duty tested you should find your duty being adjusted and then possibly some part time members of staff getting extra hours on their contracts, this i'm alright jack attitude is not helping anyone

as i have said in the past, if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way but for people who just point blank refuse to do the job properly to save time then you are ruining the job for everyone else
Parcel goes missing I'm to blame.I don't care how low security risk an area is.I ain't leaving parcels with neighbors........ "if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way"... hmmmm ? our DOM uses this exact line are you a DOM?

no i am not a dom and please dont accuse me of being one again.

and as i said i will back anyone in regards to security issues but you said you wouldnt do it simply because you dont have time nothing to do with the safety of the item
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by cyrus »

zx135 wrote:
cyrus wrote:
zx135 wrote:
mdm wrote:
cyrus wrote:I 739 it and don't bother trying a neighbor.I ain't got time.
Snap!

completely the wrong attitude, you should be doing your job properly and letting your managers have the problem if it adds time to your duty, if its going to add time to your duty and you insist on getting your duty tested you should find your duty being adjusted and then possibly some part time members of staff getting extra hours on their contracts, this i'm alright jack attitude is not helping anyone

as i have said in the past, if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way but for people who just point blank refuse to do the job properly to save time then you are ruining the job for everyone else
Parcel goes missing I'm to blame.I don't care how low security risk an area is.I ain't leaving parcels with neighbors........ "if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way"... hmmmm ? our DOM uses this exact line are you a DOM?

no i am not a dom and please dont accuse me of being one again.

and as i said i will back anyone in regards to security issues but you said you wouldnt do it simply because you dont have time nothing to do with the safety of the item
...but why are you backing people? You shouldn't have to back anyone.I'm doing my job properly there's no chance of me getting sacked because a neighbor said they never took in a parcel.It's RM and there wishy washy wording that put's the postie at blame.
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

cyrus wrote:
zx135 wrote:
cyrus wrote:
zx135 wrote:
mdm wrote:
cyrus wrote:I 739 it and don't bother trying a neighbor.I ain't got time.
Snap!

completely the wrong attitude, you should be doing your job properly and letting your managers have the problem if it adds time to your duty, if its going to add time to your duty and you insist on getting your duty tested you should find your duty being adjusted and then possibly some part time members of staff getting extra hours on their contracts, this i'm alright jack attitude is not helping anyone

as i have said in the past, if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way but for people who just point blank refuse to do the job properly to save time then you are ruining the job for everyone else
Parcel goes missing I'm to blame.I don't care how low security risk an area is.I ain't leaving parcels with neighbors........ "if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way"... hmmmm ? our DOM uses this exact line are you a DOM?

no i am not a dom and please dont accuse me of being one again.

and as i said i will back anyone in regards to security issues but you said you wouldnt do it simply because you dont have time nothing to do with the safety of the item
...but why are you backing people? You shouldn't have to back anyone.I'm doing my job properly there's no chance of me getting sacked because a neighbor said they never took in a parcel.It's RM and there wishy washy wording that put's the postie at blame.

the issue isnt whether a parcel goes missing or not, the issue is you wont do it because it takes more time which is a poor attitude to have

i will back any of my colleagues if they have issues with this
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

Post-Delivery Methods walks were put together using fanciful statistics and inaccurate data, based on two weeks of call rates and parcel counting (where many guessed what parcels would be attendance calls, rather than recording what happened on delivery). Some HCT walk 318s failed to give travelling time to/from delivery, putting some walks ~20mins out right from the off. Some walk 318s thought it was possible to do 1hour40mins indoor work on a Tuesday; have indoor meal relief; then 30mins WTLL before putting the first letter in the frame at 0930... and still finish on time. :left:

Since then...
D2D quantities went from 2/3 most weeks to 4-7 most weeks... No extra time
Online shopping has further increased, we have more parcels to deliver, both attendance and non-attendance... No extra time
Then HCT walks had Tracked items allocated to them... No extra time
Then DTN was introduced as a voluntary option... No extra time (but the official trial reported this as fact :left: )
Then walks were issued stickers to fill in for parcels returned to the depot (inside of quickly writing nafl/{date} on item)... No extra time
Then D2D prep went from 5 boxes Mon-Thurs and 4 boxes Fri/Sat to 8 boxes on Tuesdays with 4 on other days... No extra time
Then DTN became standard... No extra time

Non-existant weekly WTLLs have become an ongoing joke, yet we all get "training by mail" delivered at home eg. today's "new" p739 postcard (despite these cards being in operation for weeks if not months). If WTLL scheduled time takes us into overtime, we should be able to claim it, regardless of whether we were given a 30mins session or not.
cyrus
Posts: 215
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:38
Gender: Male

Re: [POLL] - How much extra time on your walks does DTN use.

Post by cyrus »

zx135 wrote:
cyrus wrote:
zx135 wrote:
cyrus wrote:
zx135 wrote:
mdm wrote:
cyrus wrote:I 739 it and don't bother trying a neighbor.I ain't got time.
Snap!

completely the wrong attitude, you should be doing your job properly and letting your managers have the problem if it adds time to your duty, if its going to add time to your duty and you insist on getting your duty tested you should find your duty being adjusted and then possibly some part time members of staff getting extra hours on their contracts, this i'm alright jack attitude is not helping anyone

as i have said in the past, if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way but for people who just point blank refuse to do the job properly to save time then you are ruining the job for everyone else
Parcel goes missing I'm to blame.I don't care how low security risk an area is.I ain't leaving parcels with neighbors........ "if people are refusing to do it on security issues then i will back them all the way"... hmmmm ? our DOM uses this exact line are you a DOM?

no i am not a dom and please dont accuse me of being one again.

and as i said i will back anyone in regards to security issues but you said you wouldnt do it simply because you dont have time nothing to do with the safety of the item
...but why are you backing people? You shouldn't have to back anyone.I'm doing my job properly there's no chance of me getting sacked because a neighbor said they never took in a parcel.It's RM and there wishy washy wording that put's the postie at blame.

the issue isnt whether a parcel goes missing or not, the issue is you wont do it because it takes more time which is a poor attitude to have

i will back any of my colleagues if they have issues with this
No, the issue is if the parcel goes missing or not, work all your paid hours.If a RM want to bring in a new standard that puts the posties job at risk,it ain't my problem.