ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
-
Sco77
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 27 Oct 2011, 12:03
- Gender: Male
I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Yep, i read nothing but doom and gloom on here mostly. But, who else genuinely still enjoys the job?
Of course there are many things i'd love about it to change such as D2D'S Saturdays off ( I'm a poor shat on reserve) so rarely got one off. I could rattle on the negatives.
The positives though for me are: I love weekly pay, i enjoy most of the walks i get put on, customers in the main are nice, loads of overtime/S.A, well paid for what we do, Pension etc etc.
Let's have a wee bit Royal Mail love for a change ;)
Of course there are many things i'd love about it to change such as D2D'S Saturdays off ( I'm a poor shat on reserve) so rarely got one off. I could rattle on the negatives.
The positives though for me are: I love weekly pay, i enjoy most of the walks i get put on, customers in the main are nice, loads of overtime/S.A, well paid for what we do, Pension etc etc.
Let's have a wee bit Royal Mail love for a change ;)
-
Shaman Mao
- Posts: 133
- Joined: 03 Jan 2013, 22:46
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Yep, I still enjoy the job. Speaking as a rep there are loads of things wrong but there always have been. We could do with being renationalised for a start and we can only guess at what the future holds. But... we're fairly well paid and I get to wander around enjoying the weather for 4 hours a day!
-
rainbowwarrior72
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 07 Nov 2009, 11:14
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I enjoy the job mainly due to the comraderie at my MC and also I'm doing something I enjoy
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
''loads of overtime'' only if i work past my time don't even get any at xmas, jobs ok i guess although you could be given more permanent hours
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I sometimes love the job because someone makes me laugh....yesterday working in box counter. Customer comes in to collect his packet. Then asks me to tell his postie to knock on his door more loudly next time because he's death!!!(yes I am thinking this poor old postie could knock all day and still get no answer if this customer is indeed death)!
-
Ray Von
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 14 Jan 2013, 09:46
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Once I'm out of the office I love the job. Its the indoor work that I dont enjoy. I love being out in the fresh air (I dont particularly enjoy heavy rain) and I like the fact that I'm keeping fit as I'm working. I do like a moan every now and again but I think for what we do we are pretty well paid. I have had harder jobs which pay less!!
-
deltaforce
- Posts: 778
- Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Best bit about the job, is going home .For what I do ,the pay is about right. It's all the other poorly paid that make it look good.
-
dados
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
- Gender: Male
- Location: leading the 5th column
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Beats being stuck in an office clock watching,getting paid to keep fit,easy money
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2222
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
The pathetic minimum wage makes wage look better . I love Sundays .
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Have all the job lovers on this thread worked here for less than 5 years?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4194
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
The job is that good at our depot now that well-paid bonus led managers are now getting in on the act!!
Surely lino's must get fed up of taking WTLL sessions where we are all informed once again about complaints, hazards or how to lift heavy objects. And thats now topped off with the latest riveting edition of RMTV. It would be enough to drive anyone insane.
It took me a long time to recover from the end of the old job and finish. Now, the only thing I look forward to is working outdoors away from the Postal Asylum
Surely lino's must get fed up of taking WTLL sessions where we are all informed once again about complaints, hazards or how to lift heavy objects. And thats now topped off with the latest riveting edition of RMTV. It would be enough to drive anyone insane.
It took me a long time to recover from the end of the old job and finish. Now, the only thing I look forward to is working outdoors away from the Postal Asylum
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I love this job, thats why I moan when office based twonkers, be they Union or RM, come up with wonderful new ideas that clash with the reality of the job and make it harder. I will continue to moan, in fact be worried, be very worried if I stop (or if anyone stops).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
17 years in and I enjoy it
I would go on a killing spree if I had to work in an office from 9am to 5:30pm
I would go on a killing spree if I had to work in an office from 9am to 5:30pm
-
Sco77
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 27 Oct 2011, 12:03
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
See, i'm not the only one :) it's a good job. And yes i'm a newbie i guess. 4th year in January.
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
22 years in and still enjoy it.