ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
Rural, van share or HCT?
I vote HCT. Done one for all of the 3 days I was in this week. Sweating like a pig, sore feet, knackered knee flared up after feeling ok for ages, feeling totally fooked when getting home, plus there's the embarrassment of walking along pushing the bloody thing. I tend to look in bushes as I push it as to not catch anyone's eye as I feel they might be laughing at me.
I vote HCT. Done one for all of the 3 days I was in this week. Sweating like a pig, sore feet, knackered knee flared up after feeling ok for ages, feeling totally fooked when getting home, plus there's the embarrassment of walking along pushing the bloody thing. I tend to look in bushes as I push it as to not catch anyone's eye as I feel they might be laughing at me.
-
The_Wax_Man
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 11 Nov 2011, 14:18
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
No-ones laughing at you - They are probably thinking 'poor bugger' pushing that around.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
THEY just want their mail they could,nt give a toss what you,re dressed likeTuffers1875 wrote:Rural, van share or HCT?
I vote HCT. Done one for all of the 3 days I was in this week. Sweating like a pig, sore feet, knackered knee flared up after feeling ok for ages, feeling totally fooked when getting home, plus there's the embarrassment of walking along pushing the bloody thing. I tend to look in bushes as I push it as to not catch anyone's eye as I feel they might be laughing at me.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
It appears you have a confidence problem.Tuffers1875 wrote:I tend to look in bushes as I push it as to not catch anyone's eye as I feel they might be laughing at me.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
Is that a MK1 or MK2 HCT?
I've used both, the MK1 is like pushing a broken down Dalek!
I've used both, the MK1 is like pushing a broken down Dalek!
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
Pushing the trolley complex soon fades.
Esp when your walking around in the pouring rain.
Hardest delivery method. I think that depends on your park and loop partner. If you both get on and work at the same speed then it can be great company on the way around. However in my office there has been plenty of clashes due to working pace.
The HCT is prob harder as you have to push it to the start and then back again but you are out on your own.
Esp when your walking around in the pouring rain.
Hardest delivery method. I think that depends on your park and loop partner. If you both get on and work at the same speed then it can be great company on the way around. However in my office there has been plenty of clashes due to working pace.
The HCT is prob harder as you have to push it to the start and then back again but you are out on your own.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
joeyuk
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
I liked the HCT duty i used to cover but now its meant to be a right pig. Ive got my own duty on van share which is pretty good, im the walker so have the big loops. Don't have a partner right now so depends who i get stuck with. The current guy is good and we tend to get back at the same time. Been out with a bloke who is just coming back after rehab, he's a non driver so he did my half (which is harder!). I ended up taking all his parcels and about 20% of some of his loops as he was struggling, didn't mind as he is a nice chap but i was knackered by the end of that shift
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
I vote van share,nightmare trying to get all the crap into a combi,trying to work out of the side door when parked next to a high curb,getting back to the van after doing your loop in the rain to find the driver sheltering in the van rather than doing the big packets.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
The hardest type of delivery is the one on overtime that you don't know, it's pitch black outside and pissing down with rain, and the PDA is 5 minutes away from dying. Yes I've been there. 
-
on_the_way_OUT
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 16 May 2014, 15:52
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
Never done a rural so can't comment on that but it's hard to say.Tuffers1875 wrote:Rural, van share or HCT?
When I do an HCT round I bundle it so I take only small bundles and loop back to the HCT only moving the HCT to get to another section. Problem I've found with Van Share is that the van drivers park the van to suit themselves meaning their partners having to do much more dead walking or carrying much heavier bags.
to me the it's all much of a muchness
-
saddlerposty
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 18:20
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
why not dress as a santa, decorate your trolley with tinsel n lights, maybe even a little tree, or some speakers blasting out carols as you go along, ......then people would look at you.aiden01 wrote:THEY just want their mail they could,nt give a toss what you,re dressed likeTuffers1875 wrote:Rural, van share or HCT?
I vote HCT. Done one for all of the 3 days I was in this week. Sweating like a pig, sore feet, knackered knee flared up after feeling ok for ages, feeling totally fooked when getting home, plus there's the embarrassment of walking along pushing the bloody thing. I tend to look in bushes as I push it as to not catch anyone's eye as I feel they might be laughing at me.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
Or cover it in black and nasty,wear a black robe,carry a scythe and shout bring out your dead.saddlerposty wrote:why not dress as a santa, decorate your trolley with tinsel n lights, maybe even a little tree, or some speakers blasting out carols as you go along, ......then people would look at you.aiden01 wrote:THEY just want their mail they could,nt give a toss what you,re dressed likeTuffers1875 wrote:Rural, van share or HCT?
I vote HCT. Done one for all of the 3 days I was in this week. Sweating like a pig, sore feet, knackered knee flared up after feeling ok for ages, feeling totally fooked when getting home, plus there's the embarrassment of walking along pushing the bloody thing. I tend to look in bushes as I push it as to not catch anyone's eye as I feel they might be laughing at me.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
Depends on how big they are! I've been on some rurals that go on and on, but also been on some pretty chill HCT rounds.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
you do feel a bit of a twat like, and then there's the schoolkids asking you for a 99 with a flake and monkeys blood.The_Wax_Man wrote:No-ones laughing at you - They are probably thinking 'poor bugger' pushing that around.
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: What's The Hardest Type of Delivery?
You soon get over feeling a twat, but yes there are plenty of comments.... same ones over and over and you have to chuckle like you never heard it before.....people asking 'can I hop on and have a lift?' 'how many babies have you got in there then ?' 'you need a motor on that'. worst of all there's the narrow bit of pavement and two people side by side coming towards you who have clearly looked at you approaching but leave it till the last minute for one of them to step behind to make way, worse still, don't make way and you end up half off the pavement to make way for them.daveyeff wrote:you do feel a bit of a twat like, and then there's the schoolkids asking you for a 99 with a flake and monkeys blood.The_Wax_Man wrote:No-ones laughing at you - They are probably thinking 'poor bugger' pushing that around.
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE