ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Courier gearing up for Xmas

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Davy
Posts: 2
Joined: 21 Jun 2014, 20:08
Gender: Male

Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by Davy »

courier page 13 . I notice a postie happily delivering mail in the snow . Do you think he's just pushed his new hct half a mile up hill to first delivery point with 40 kg of mail in it in 2 inches of snow . Health and safety . Lol :hmmmm
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by Nigel1505 »

That was probably an actor who was paid more for that one picture than we earn in week. :evil/mad
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Nigel1505 wrote:That was probably an actor who was paid more for that one picture than we earn in week. :evil/mad

Not unless the photographer is daft.

http://www.castingcollective.co.uk/all-about-us/rates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Hitcher
Posts: 1530
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by Hitcher »

Davy wrote:courier page 13 . I notice a postie happily delivering mail in the snow . Do you think he's just pushed his new hct half a mile up hill to first delivery point with 40 kg of mail in it in 2 inches of snow . Health and safety . Lol :hmmmm
With only 40kg I should hope so!
Chelseablue
Posts: 2222
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by Chelseablue »

Used to read it until few yer ago . Everything just looks so rosy in every office across the country . Is there still a letters page?
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by robbertwhitton »

Chelseablue wrote:Used to read it until few yer ago . Everything just looks so rosy in every office across the country . Is there still a letters page?
Yes still a letter's page,and they have the answers apparently, but rarely gets your gripe or questions sorted, i cant bare to open it its so far removed from real life,put my sticker on refused and sendvit back,bored with it now figures graphs smiley faces staring at a flip chart blah blah blah! Its laughable,! :left:
scrapsaturdays
Posts: 41
Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 09:16
Gender: Male

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by scrapsaturdays »

I never open it ,goes in the recycling. Used to be informative and balanced. It changed a few years ago and I don't think it will ever get back to the old ways...............a bit like the job :wink:
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by maisymoo04 »

Nigel1505 wrote:That was probably an actor who was paid more for that one picture than we earn in week. :evil/mad
A year :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
dados
Posts: 399
Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
Gender: Male
Location: leading the 5th column

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by dados »

Only read the Letters section,only to laugh at the inane replies by the Director of --------- (fill in the weekly job title),utter tripe
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
mrbungle
Posts: 23
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 13:32
Gender: Male

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by mrbungle »

I rang RM up and asked to be taken off the mailing list for this complete waste of paper and was told that I couldn't. Apparently if you work for RM then you HAVE to have The Courier. It is quite annoying that The Courier is so far from the truth and I can't stop it being delivered to my house.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by korky »

mrbungle wrote:I rang RM up and asked to be taken off the mailing list for this complete waste of paper and was told that I couldn't. Apparently if you work for RM then you HAVE to have The Courier. It is quite annoying that The Courier is so far from the truth and I can't stop it being delivered to my house.
not worth a phone call, just lob it straight in the bin, how hard can it be?
if it bothers you that much take it to work and put a kill off sticker on it, i know which i find easier
mrbungle
Posts: 23
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 13:32
Gender: Male

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by mrbungle »

korky wrote:
mrbungle wrote:I rang RM up and asked to be taken off the mailing list for this complete waste of paper and was told that I couldn't. Apparently if you work for RM then you HAVE to have The Courier. It is quite annoying that The Courier is so far from the truth and I can't stop it being delivered to my house.
not worth a phone call, just lob it straight in the bin, how hard can it be?
if it bothers you that much take it to work and put a kill off sticker on it, i know which i find easier
Well I was thinking of the "waste" part of things initially.
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by luddite »

Sticker it and eventually they will ask you if you want to be removed from the mailing list. Not had a Courier for a couple of years now.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by arnold cheshire »

when are rm sending out our xmas stamps ? :thumbup
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Courier gearing up for Xmas

Post by maisymoo04 »

I delivered one today to a Postie's house ? :hmmmm
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"