ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Tracked Items Barcode.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by Kings Norton »

I wish someone with a bit of cop on from Royal Mail will consider inventing stickers for the bar codes on the tracked items instead of us getting p****d wet through writing out 13 number digits on P739 cards. so annoying and time consuming.
Rory
Posts: 90
Joined: 09 Aug 2012, 12:42
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by Rory »

Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by spiderj »

Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
And standby for a lino going bush lol
I won
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by Kings Norton »

Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?
Tuffers1875
Posts: 146
Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by Tuffers1875 »

Kings Norton wrote:
Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?
Fk em
beanmuncha
Posts: 305
Joined: 21 Aug 2007, 23:11

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by beanmuncha »

Kings Norton wrote:
Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?
They can get it from the sender, enough time is wasted without writing the code out.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4105
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by ted_e_bear »

And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?
They won't you'll have spent no extra time at all trying 15 neighbours until you find some fckker who's in !!
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by tonytucker »

Never known anyone write the barcode out! Jobsworth
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

tonytucker wrote:Never known anyone write the barcode out! Jobsworth

If you can't do the job properly perhaps you could follow your own advice.
tonytucker wrote:Leave and give a job to a immigrant then
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 40#p670940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Tuffers1875 wrote:
Kings Norton wrote:
Rory wrote:Just tick tracked item and don't bother with the barcode.
And if someone wants a redelivery they need the barcode number?
Fk em
... and when you get counselled for it, and keep your word from another thread , you will have f'ked yourself. :crazy: :crazy:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
HUGSTEREFC
Posts: 11
Joined: 19 Feb 2013, 11:16
Gender: Male

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by HUGSTEREFC »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
tonytucker wrote:Never known anyone write the barcode out! Jobsworth

If you can't do the job properly perhaps you could follow your own advice.
tonytucker wrote:Leave and give a job to a immigrant then
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 40#p670940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TEE-HEE :oops:
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by DB1100 »

I must admit I write the barcode out,only because I have left a loop to ensure I finish on time,there is no need to rush once you know how long the different loops take you can plan accordingly,I got a lot of grief when I first started cutting off,prep tests,snide comments,stand to arguments,implied threats,the dom's finally came out and tested me and the walk took 5 and a 1/4 hours in August,I still get a bit of grief but I'm more or less left alone,the dom,s don't speak to me,no good morning or anything like that,I don't get any odd days holiday that I want and they try to be as awkward as possible,but I've been dicked about by professionals,and the clowns at Royal mail don't even come close to what the Army can do,so it's not a problem,well to me at least.
For we were soldiers once,and young
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by NewPostieUK »

I used to copy the barcode down, but it would never scan. I can't seem to get the gaps between the lines right, or maybe the thickness of the lines.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by kirstyx »

when we started using the pda we were told with tracked items we didint have to write the barcode but it was preferred for us to do so as it helps the locker staff which i dont mind doing if it isnt raining lol
Mezza
Posts: 405
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 21:56
Location: West London

Re: Tracked Items Barcode.

Post by Mezza »

I don't follow - if you don't write the tracked number on a P739, then what do you do with a Special, recorded or foreign signed for item that has no peel off sticker available?