ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Buy Down

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Buy Down

Post by Stormproof »

Anyone put in for Buy Down of their hours? If so, how is it worked out? I'm looking to go down to 25 hours.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Buy Down

Post by dvbuk55 »

AFAIK it's only available if your office is in modernisation mode and the hours are in excess of those required to run the office. I took it 9 years ago and went from 40 to 25 and got 11k, I was 59 and took my pension 10 months later when I was 60 so it was very beneficial but AFAIK there hasn't been any since that time in our office.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Buy Down

Post by fishtank »

Stormproof wrote:Anyone put in for Buy Down of their hours? If so, how is it worked out? I'm looking to go down to 25 hours.

It's basically redundancy terms pro-rata of the hours you're selling Storm and btw nice to hear from you again. :Very Happy
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Buy Down

Post by Stormproof »

I've filled in the paperwork, just got to wait on what offer they come back with.

Thanks FT. I pop in now and again but obviously keep quiet. Not got a lot to say anymore since I gave up the rep job and been on the happy pills :crazy:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
slinder123
Posts: 261
Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
Gender: Female

Re: Buy Down

Post by slinder123 »

just to remind you that the new rules on any buy down is that you pay tax and national insurance on them so be careful
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Buy Down

Post by Stormproof »

Finally got the figure, £7,5k, so I'll be taking that and setting up a small business from home. The less time I spend at RM the better I reckon.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum