ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing = create a day off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

Lapsing = create a day off

Post by centenaryman »

Asked the boss this morning ...are we lapsing this Saturday,,,,,he said we are

ok I thought right lapsing means chance for more staff to be on holiday so I asked for this Saturday as a days holiday :Very Happy

he started stuttering,,,,saying were understaffed,,,theres already walks on overtime,,,errr somebody else has already asked for the day off.

ok boss no prob I said who...I`ll see if he wants to swap :Very Happy

funnily enough the boss couldn't disappear quick enough

anyway im working this Saturday oh and lapsing :Very Happy
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing = create a day off

Post by OnAFlyer »

centenaryman wrote:Asked the boss this morning ...are we lapsing this Saturday,,,,,he said we are

ok I thought right lapsing means chance for more staff to be on holiday so I asked for this Saturday as a days holiday :Very Happy

he started stuttering,,,,saying were understaffed,,,theres already walks on overtime,,,errr somebody else has already asked for the day off.

ok boss no prob I said who...I`ll see if he wants to swap :Very Happy

funnily enough the boss couldn't disappear quick enough

anyway im working this Saturday oh and lapsing :Very Happy
We lapse 3-4 walks in our section every Saturday.

Strangely though many of those people who can't get done in the week are suddenly finished an hour early even with lapsing. :crazy:
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing = create a day off

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

centenaryman wrote:Asked the boss this morning ...are we lapsing this Saturday,,,,,he said we are

ok I thought right lapsing means chance for more staff to be on holiday so I asked for this Saturday as a days holiday :Very Happy

he started stuttering,,,,saying were understaffed,,,theres already walks on overtime,,,errr somebody else has already asked for the day off.

ok boss no prob I said who...I`ll see if he wants to swap :Very Happy

funnily enough the boss couldn't disappear quick enough

anyway im working this Saturday oh and lapsing :Very Happy

There's two different parts of the bt2010 agreement that deals with lapsing,

summer staffing is the part that allows extra annual leave slots during the quieter summer weeks by agreement,

the other part covering for each other allows for lapsing to cover illness and staff shortages through out the year
brettt
Posts: 23
Joined: 09 Sep 2014, 11:48
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing = create a day off

Post by brettt »

zx135 wrote:
centenaryman wrote:Asked the boss this morning ...are we lapsing this Saturday,,,,,he said we are

ok I thought right lapsing means chance for more staff to be on holiday so I asked for this Saturday as a days holiday :Very Happy

he started stuttering,,,,saying were understaffed,,,theres already walks on overtime,,,errr somebody else has already asked for the day off.

ok boss no prob I said who...I`ll see if he wants to swap :Very Happy

funnily enough the boss couldn't disappear quick enough

anyway im working this Saturday oh and lapsing :Very Happy

There's two different parts of the bt2010 agreement that deals with lapsing,

summer staffing is the part that allows extra annual leave slots during the quieter summer weeks by agreement,

the other part covering for each other allows for lapsing to cover illness and staff shortages through out the year
Unless over model week then don't do any :dance
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Lapsing = create a day off

Post by k979aaa »

No it's about the DSM's and DOM's bonus and f**k the line managers and those who work the hardest posties.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12179
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing = create a day off

Post by SpacePhoenix »

How many people are?

* Coming in early before their official start time
* Running when doing their walk
* Not taking their meal relief
* etc, etc
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: Lapsing = create a day off

Post by maisymoo04 »

Prob 70% off delivery staff :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
mazungu
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 21:54
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing = create a day off

Post by mazungu »

SpacePhoenix wrote:How many people are?

* Coming in early before their official start time
* Running when doing their walk
* Not taking their meal relief
* etc, etc
So true idiots