ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
-
swintontillidie
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 14:14
EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
At my office any left over door to doors are recycled into the flex works.This means that in some cases some walks receive the same door to door item twice! Presumably this is to prevent questions being asked about the amount being returned? it certainly can't be right though can it?
Last edited by swintontillidie on 26 Oct 2014, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
swintontillidie wrote:At my office any left over door to doors are recycled into the flex works.This means that in some cases some works receive the same door to door item twice! Presumably this is to prevent questions being asked about the amount being returned? it certainly can't be right though can it?
Shouldn't be happening email moya with details and wait and see the practice stop sharpish. Also shouldn't really be any excess if the walk logs are upto date and accurate. The counts from the walk bundling centres are pretty accurate 99% of the time any excess is usually down to out of date walk logs that have a few extra drops on them that shouldn't be or multi occ drops which should have changed to individual drops at the revision stage
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
keep handing them back, i usually get about 40 too many although the walk log was updated about 18 months ago, have been known to get over 100 excess
-
iminavest
- Posts: 39
- Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
Apparently they are made up going by estimated weight rather than individually counted
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
Most of our D2D's that are left are because of lazy ***** who cant be bothered to do them.
Management (should) know who they are but we all get treated the same.
Its so simple - just do them!
(rant over)
Management (should) know who they are but we all get treated the same.
Its so simple - just do them!
(rant over)
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
I think that the claim that the D2D counts are very accurate are totally bogus, certainly in the offices I've worked out here in the sticks, anyway.
I've never once been on a duty where there was the precise right number of D2Ds and more tellingly, each contract always has a different number of surplus/deficit for the week. i.e. if I have 4 D2ds, I'll usually have approx 30 extra for one of them, run out of one of them during the last day, and the other 2 will be within 5 or so of correct.
I agree that it's frustrating that some posties don't bother to do them - It's basically all crud we deliver anyway. If we only delivered the stuff that the punters wanted to receive, we'd complete each duty within an hour!
I've never once been on a duty where there was the precise right number of D2Ds and more tellingly, each contract always has a different number of surplus/deficit for the week. i.e. if I have 4 D2ds, I'll usually have approx 30 extra for one of them, run out of one of them during the last day, and the other 2 will be within 5 or so of correct.
I agree that it's frustrating that some posties don't bother to do them - It's basically all crud we deliver anyway. If we only delivered the stuff that the punters wanted to receive, we'd complete each duty within an hour!
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
Sorry,I've been with Royal Mail for nearly 30 years and we've Always had way to many D2D'slala wrote:Most of our D2D's that are left are because of lazy ***** who cant be bothered to do them.
Management (should) know who they are but we all get treated the same.
Its so simple - just do them!
(rant over)
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
I did say most of ours.
Every duty will get the odd amount. We have lazy people in our DO.
We can all guess who the culprits are, the management must know, but they do sweet FA. Just like the people who don't go up sorting, or don't take the oversize etc.
I can't of course, and I wasn't, talk about other DO's.
Every duty will get the odd amount. We have lazy people in our DO.
We can all guess who the culprits are, the management must know, but they do sweet FA. Just like the people who don't go up sorting, or don't take the oversize etc.
I can't of course, and I wasn't, talk about other DO's.
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
does the total in each contract equal the total number of delivery points in your walk? if you are getting the same amount of excess each week ie 40 excess week in and week out, then i will bet that some of your delivery points on aplus are showing as multi occ instead of a single delivery point, then when revision cdame around, the extra delivery points at that address were added individually and the multi occ was not removed to a single delivery point, thats why most walks generally get excess
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
check the total numbers against the total number of delivery points on the walk log, then also check the d2d control sheet and see if any of the streets says multi occ, i will bet the ones that have extra have multi occ97gaz wrote:It's my job at my DO to deal with D2D. Sorting and putting them out and dealing with the excess. This year I've counted probably over 100 contracts before I put them out and only about 5 had more than the walk log call rate. And that was only by a few.bluealbert wrote:Sorry,I've been with Royal Mail for nearly 30 years and we've Always had way to many D2D'slala wrote:Most of our D2D's that are left are because of lazy ***** who cant be bothered to do them.
Management (should) know who they are but we all get treated the same.
Its so simple - just do them!
(rant over)loads are left over on every duty so are we all lazy ***** ??
What I find strange also is that it's always the same duties that have spares while other duties never have spares. It's not the walk logs because they're all up to date.
Make of that what you will.
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
97gaz wrote:The Aplus is as accurate as I can get it. I'm not saying there's never any spares. Just that in my opinion they're not getting delivered for one reason or another.zx135 wrote:check the total numbers against the total number of delivery points on the walk log, then also check the d2d control sheet and see if any of the streets says multi occ, i will bet the ones that have extra have multi occ97gaz wrote:It's my job at my DO to deal with D2D. Sorting and putting them out and dealing with the excess. This year I've counted probably over 100 contracts before I put them out and only about 5 had more than the walk log call rate. And that was only by a few.bluealbert wrote:Sorry,I've been with Royal Mail for nearly 30 years and we've Always had way to many D2D'slala wrote:Most of our D2D's that are left are because of lazy ***** who cant be bothered to do them.
Management (should) know who they are but we all get treated the same.
Its so simple - just do them!
(rant over)loads are left over on every duty so are we all lazy ***** ??
What I find strange also is that it's always the same duties that have spares while other duties never have spares. It's not the walk logs because they're all up to date.
Make of that what you will.
Recently because of staff shortages the gaffers have been prepping D2D into the frames when the staff have left and they'll be lucky to have more than a couple of spares.
I'm not saying a plus is inaccurate as such just that some delivery points usually the first flat in a block would have had a multi occ amount put in when originally added to a plus so that one delivery point on a plus will generate say 3 extra d2d plus the 3 flats will also generate an extra d2d each. A plus will be right just will have a few of these random addresses that a set for extra d2d and the way you find them is by looking at the d2d control sheet for multi occ
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
We had a couple of guys counting the D2Ds for each walk from the department responsible for issuing them and they said they weighed them and that it was accurate but I never did find out what the result of the count was. However if they deemed it necessary to do a count then they couldn't have been that confident that the weighing technique was accurate.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Re: EXCESS DOOR TO DOORS
Well I had spare time at the end of the duty today so I chucked in the whole rest of the week's D2Ds at the end of the day (worked the day off on it today so no danger of a day off cover having pratted about with them!).
There were 3 this week and sure enough, 1 of them was bang on exact correct, another was a dozen under, and the third was more than 30 too many (big heavy bulk mags, same size as those Sun newspapers we did last year, so any 'by the weight' count would have been pretty accurate I imagine).
Just shows that they don't count them with any real accuracy here.
There were 3 this week and sure enough, 1 of them was bang on exact correct, another was a dozen under, and the third was more than 30 too many (big heavy bulk mags, same size as those Sun newspapers we did last year, so any 'by the weight' count would have been pretty accurate I imagine).
Just shows that they don't count them with any real accuracy here.