ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Taking Van Home
-
llcoolh
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
- Gender: Male
Taking Van Home
What are the rules regarding taking a van home? I am a part-time collection driver my shift starts in the afternoon.I asked my dom if I could take a van home and my request was rejected. The reason I was given was, as I don't have my own van I use any morning drivers when they finish their shift. Despite the rest of the other guys take van home without any problem. As a part-timer taking a van home would really make big difference for saving the cost of fuel. I do appreciate that, this isn't my dom's problem but it means a lot for me. Me and my colleague who is a part-timer get treated less than full-timers and those called "Seniority" we don't feel we are part of the group. is this fair??/
Rant over....
Rant over....
Last edited by llcoolh on 24 Oct 2014, 21:44, edited 2 times in total.
-
ebbzie
- Posts: 660
- Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Taking Van Home!!
If someones using the van in the morning , how can you expect to take it home????????
-
Tuffers1875
- Posts: 146
- Joined: 14 Nov 2012, 15:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Taking Van Home!!
llcoolh wrote:What are the rules regarding taking van to home? I am a part-time collection driver my shift starts in the afternoon.I asked my dom if I could take a van home and my request was rejected. The reason I was giving is, as I don't have my own van I use morning drivers when they finish their shift. Despite the rest of the other guys take van home without any problem. As a part-timer taking a van home would really make big difference for saving the cost of fuel. I do appreciate that, this isn't my dom's problem but it means a lot for me. Me and my colleague who is a part-timer get treated less than full-timers and those called "Seniority" we don't feel we are part of the group. is this fair??/
Rant over.... Many thanks for any advice
Is there a 'thick' smiley?
-
llcoolh
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Taking Van Home!!
Lol. nice one from a troll... I am not offended by trolls, I expect it always...hahaTuffers1875 wrote:llcoolh wrote:What are the rules regarding taking van to home? I am a part-time collection driver my shift starts in the afternoon.I asked my dom if I could take a van home and my request was rejected. The reason I was giving is, as I don't have my own van I use morning drivers when they finish their shift. Despite the rest of the other guys take van home without any problem. As a part-timer taking a van home would really make big difference for saving the cost of fuel. I do appreciate that, this isn't my dom's problem but it means a lot for me. Me and my colleague who is a part-timer get treated less than full-timers and those called "Seniority" we don't feel we are part of the group. is this fair??/
Rant over.... Many thanks for any advice
Is there a 'thick' smiley?
Last edited by llcoolh on 24 Oct 2014, 21:33, edited 2 times in total.
-
llcoolh
- Posts: 129
- Joined: 05 Nov 2012, 08:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Taking Van Home!!
ebbzie wrote:If someones using the van in the morning , how can you expect to take it home????????
Good question, what I am trying to say is their is spare vans for collections so I could have one innit
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Taking Van Home!!
llcoolh wrote:Lol. nice one from a troll... I am not offended by trolls, I expect it always...hahaTuffers1875 wrote:llcoolh wrote:What are the rules regarding taking van to home? I am a part-time collection driver my shift starts in the afternoon.I asked my dom if I could take a van home and my request was rejected. The reason I was giving is, as I don't have my own van I use morning drivers when they finish their shift. Despite the rest of the other guys take van home without any problem. As a part-timer taking a van home would really make big difference for saving the cost of fuel. I do appreciate that, this isn't my dom's problem but it means a lot for me. Me and my colleague who is a part-timer get treated less than full-timers and those called "Seniority" we don't feel we are part of the group. is this fair??/
Rant over.... Many thanks for any advice
Is there a 'thick' smiley?
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Taking Van Home
Simply the allowing of taking vans home is to be night royal mail. Not the other way round, if it doesn't benefit RM don't expect to be able to take a can home
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Taking Van Home
Yes, Royal Mail's offer of Overnight Retention is when they don't have space to park them up at the Delivery Office.zx135 wrote:Simply the allowing of taking vans home is to be night royal mail. Not the other way round, if it doesn't benefit RM don't expect to be able to take a can home
I've willingly taken up such an offer.
-
Lou84
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
- Gender: Female
Re: Taking Van Home
It's alright until the Dom decides at 14.20 that you can't take the van home when you finish at 14.28 and have no way of getting home ! Happened to me once too often, so gave up the van rentention :-(
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Taking Van Home!!
Why, do want one as an Avatar. At least llcoolh follows the rulesTuffers1875 wrote:llcoolh wrote:What are the rules regarding taking van to home? I am a part-time collection driver my shift starts in the afternoon.I asked my dom if I could take a van home and my request was rejected. The reason I was giving is, as I don't have my own van I use morning drivers when they finish their shift. Despite the rest of the other guys take van home without any problem. As a part-timer taking a van home would really make big difference for saving the cost of fuel. I do appreciate that, this isn't my dom's problem but it means a lot for me. Me and my colleague who is a part-timer get treated less than full-timers and those called "Seniority" we don't feel we are part of the group. is this fair??/
Rant over.... Many thanks for any advice
Is there a 'thick' smiley?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Stella102
- Posts: 597
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Taking Van Home
Does anyone have a copy of the up to date retention policy?
-
camphill888
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 21 Feb 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Female
- Location: West Midlands
Re: Taking Van Home!!
ebbzie wrote:If someones using the van in the morning , how can you expect to take it home????????
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Taking Van Home
Stella102 wrote:Does anyone have a copy of the up to date retention policy?
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 16#p294718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Taking Van Home
"no way of getting home" - so you got your head down on a pile of mail bags until the morning ?Lou84 wrote:It's alright until the Dom decides at 14.20 that you can't take the van home when you finish at 14.28 and have no way of getting home ! Happened to me once too often, so gave up the van rentention :-(