ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sick note

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Loopylau89
Posts: 43
Joined: 04 Apr 2013, 19:19
Gender: Female
Location: Somerset

Sick note

Post by Loopylau89 »

Afternoon all, quick question, i was off sick for a week (bad back) now been signed off by dr, Until 29/10/114 do i go bavk on the 29th or the 30th? Thanks in advance
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Sick note

Post by kirstyx »

the dates on the sick note are inclusive if they argue it just go onto the .gov website and it gives further advice on there
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Sick note

Post by wabbithunta »

I would say the 30th, as your doctor has signed you off until the 29th, your last day as sick. Whenever I've been signed off work that's what I've done.

Never done any different, although one time, a good few years ago after I had a knee operation, I went back three days early and carried out light duties as I was getting bored sitting at home "twiddling my thumbs", so for me sitting on my arse and getting paid for it was better than sitting on my arse at home doing sod all. :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: Sick note

Post by Red Robbo »

More to the point if you haven't fully recovered your GP might extend that ?
Loopylau89
Posts: 43
Joined: 04 Apr 2013, 19:19
Gender: Female
Location: Somerset

Re: Sick note

Post by Loopylau89 »

Thanks for replies, yes the GP will extend it if im not recovered enough for work, at the moment still feel like an elephant is sat on my back! Just wanted some clarification :)