ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Transfer help please

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
brasseye
Posts: 69
Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 09:58
Gender: Male

Transfer help please

Post by brasseye »

I am wondering if anyone knows how the best way to go about trying to transfer office is .
I've heard the office I would like to join has vacancies, just want to know how to go about it. Thanks
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72727
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Transfer help please

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

The official line is you apply through the RM website.

In truth the best way is to go and seem the DOM at the site you want to go to.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Greenbaum
Posts: 14
Joined: 22 Aug 2013, 18:13
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer help please

Post by Greenbaum »

Look on rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp that's where they put permanent vacancies. Otherwise apply for a transfer via your manager. It doesn't hurt to phone or visit the place you want to go either. At the end of the day your manager can make it easy or hard so you're best to get them on your side, if that's possible. I applied via the website and as I was the only applicant I got it pretty quick. Personnel control it as well so they told my manager it had to happen within four weeks.
themailman
Posts: 399
Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Transfer help please

Post by themailman »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The official line is you apply through the RM website.

In truth the best way is to go and seem the DOM at the site you want to go to.
Yeah, I'd agree with this.

It's not the official way of doing things, but at least then your current manager won't just throw your completed transfer request form in the bin when they say they will send it off for you.