I am wondering if anyone knows how the best way to go about trying to transfer office is .
I've heard the office I would like to join has vacancies, just want to know how to go about it. Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Transfer help please
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72727
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Transfer help please
The official line is you apply through the RM website.
In truth the best way is to go and seem the DOM at the site you want to go to.
In truth the best way is to go and seem the DOM at the site you want to go to.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Greenbaum
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 22 Aug 2013, 18:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Transfer help please
Look on rmg.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_royalmail11.asp that's where they put permanent vacancies. Otherwise apply for a transfer via your manager. It doesn't hurt to phone or visit the place you want to go either. At the end of the day your manager can make it easy or hard so you're best to get them on your side, if that's possible. I applied via the website and as I was the only applicant I got it pretty quick. Personnel control it as well so they told my manager it had to happen within four weeks.
-
themailman
- Posts: 399
- Joined: 09 Jun 2010, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Transfer help please
Yeah, I'd agree with this.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:The official line is you apply through the RM website.
In truth the best way is to go and seem the DOM at the site you want to go to.
It's not the official way of doing things, but at least then your current manager won't just throw your completed transfer request form in the bin when they say they will send it off for you.