ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
xmas overtime
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
xmas overtime
I am new to this job on part time contract lol what sort of hrs can I expect to work in the Christmas period if I want to??
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: xmas overtime
It's two questions really,
how many hours you can work, which might be quite a few
, and
how many hours you will be paid for, which will probably be not so many.
how many hours you can work, which might be quite a few
how many hours you will be paid for, which will probably be not so many.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: xmas overtime
Keep an exact note Of hours worked and correspond them to your payslip
Search on here for the break allowances
Once /if you are short hours ...remain polite but get what your owed
Start on time/take yer breaks
The amount of overtime varies from office to office but if you let your line manager know your available....you'll be kept busy

Search on here for the break allowances
Once /if you are short hours ...remain polite but get what your owed
Start on time/take yer breaks
The amount of overtime varies from office to office but if you let your line manager know your available....you'll be kept busy
I won
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: xmas overtime
ask the dom for half a walk two loops etc ?terry2972 wrote:I am new to this job on part time contract lol what sort of hrs can I expect to work in the Christmas period if I want to??
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Re: xmas overtime
Got a question on this subject...is there any way the DOM can force me to do OT at the D.O? want to start doing mine in the MC (weekday childcare being one of the main reasons) and obviously over Xmas they're gonna want all the staff they can get
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: xmas overtime
No, can't "force" you tooJustanotherstar wrote:Got a question on this subject...is there any way the DOM can force me to do OT at the D.O? want to start doing mine in the MC (weekday childcare being one of the main reasons) and obviously over Xmas they're gonna want all the staff they can get
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: xmas overtime
I always work to time and do absolutely no O/T at Christmas
Makes me feel good knowing what comes around goes around
DOM never done me any favours so why should I do him any
Makes me feel good knowing what comes around goes around
DOM never done me any favours so why should I do him any
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: xmas overtime
Don't talk nonsense, in the other thread you are regularly giving your DOM free 15mins o/t!eastie wrote:I always work to time and do absolutely no O/T at Christmas
Makes me feel good knowing what comes around goes around
DOM never done me any favours so why should I do him any
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: xmas overtime
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Don't talk nonsense, in the other thread you are regularly giving your DOM free 15mins o/t!eastie wrote:I always work to time and do absolutely no O/T at Christmas
Makes me feel good knowing what comes around goes around
DOM never done me any favours so why should I do him any
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Re: xmas overtime
Lounge Lizard wrote:No, can't "force" you tooJustanotherstar wrote:Got a question on this subject...is there any way the DOM can force me to do OT at the D.O? want to start doing mine in the MC (weekday childcare being one of the main reasons) and obviously over Xmas they're gonna want all the staff they can getbut might try intimidating you
.
Good stuff...whats he gonna do threaten to end my contract?