ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

xmas overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

xmas overtime

Post by terry2972 »

I am new to this job on part time contract lol what sort of hrs can I expect to work in the Christmas period if I want to??
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: xmas overtime

Post by Lounge Lizard »

It's two questions really,
how many hours you can work, which might be quite a few :Very Happy , and
how many hours you will be paid for, which will probably be not so many. :sad:
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: xmas overtime

Post by spiderj »

Keep an exact note Of hours worked and correspond them to your payslip

Search on here for the break allowances

Once /if you are short hours ...remain polite but get what your owed

Start on time/take yer breaks

The amount of overtime varies from office to office but if you let your line manager know your available....you'll be kept busy
:nana
I won
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: xmas overtime

Post by terry2972 »

many thanks
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: xmas overtime

Post by arnold cheshire »

terry2972 wrote:I am new to this job on part time contract lol what sort of hrs can I expect to work in the Christmas period if I want to??
ask the dom for half a walk two loops etc ?
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Re: xmas overtime

Post by Justanotherstar »

Got a question on this subject...is there any way the DOM can force me to do OT at the D.O? want to start doing mine in the MC (weekday childcare being one of the main reasons) and obviously over Xmas they're gonna want all the staff they can get
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: xmas overtime

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Justanotherstar wrote:Got a question on this subject...is there any way the DOM can force me to do OT at the D.O? want to start doing mine in the MC (weekday childcare being one of the main reasons) and obviously over Xmas they're gonna want all the staff they can get
No, can't "force" you too :Very Happy but might try intimidating you :sad: .
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: xmas overtime

Post by eastie »

I always work to time and do absolutely no O/T at Christmas
Makes me feel good knowing what comes around goes around
DOM never done me any favours so why should I do him any
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: xmas overtime

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

eastie wrote:I always work to time and do absolutely no O/T at Christmas
Makes me feel good knowing what comes around goes around
DOM never done me any favours so why should I do him any
Don't talk nonsense, in the other thread you are regularly giving your DOM free 15mins o/t!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: xmas overtime

Post by aiden01 »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:
eastie wrote:I always work to time and do absolutely no O/T at Christmas
Makes me feel good knowing what comes around goes around
DOM never done me any favours so why should I do him any
Don't talk nonsense, in the other thread you are regularly giving your DOM free 15mins o/t!
:Very Happy :Very Happy :Very Happy
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Re: xmas overtime

Post by Justanotherstar »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Justanotherstar wrote:Got a question on this subject...is there any way the DOM can force me to do OT at the D.O? want to start doing mine in the MC (weekday childcare being one of the main reasons) and obviously over Xmas they're gonna want all the staff they can get
No, can't "force" you too :Very Happy but might try intimidating you :sad: .

Good stuff...whats he gonna do threaten to end my contract? :chuckle