ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Available rounds

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
iminavest
Posts: 39
Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
Gender: Male

Available rounds

Post by iminavest »

What is the official procedure when a job becomes available due to the walk holder retiring, leaving etc?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Available rounds

Post by Lounge Lizard »

It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful. :cuppa :thumbup
glenfiddich
Posts: 1012
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15

Re: Available rounds

Post by glenfiddich »

Lounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful. :cuppa :thumbup
no it isnt its lapsed :nana
iminavest
Posts: 39
Joined: 06 May 2013, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Available rounds

Post by iminavest »

glenfiddich wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful. :cuppa :thumbup
no it isnt its lapsed :nana
Could be interesting with a rural haha.

Thanks, got a feeling manager is gonna try to offer the job to someone specific because folk that might want it know a few rounds.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Available rounds

Post by Barbel »

I was put on a rural round 3 months ago after the guy who used to do it left. When I was offered it I was told it was for the' Forseeable future' and was given a weeks training. It's still a vacant round and they haven't advertised it and apparently, so I've heard, no one wants to do it, or any other of the 5 other rural vacancies going because they're in the sticks and they're long rounds. I can't understand why they won't just sign it to me as there's only me and the floater who knows it and I really want to stay on this one. I'm guessing because I've only been with the company for less than 2 years, someone with more seniority who shows an interest will get it straight away. Bit of a bummer really as I feel in limboland and can't really plan ahead as this is a full time round and I'm only on part time hours, though obviously claiming O/T every day.
tiggle
Posts: 135
Joined: 19 Feb 2010, 20:44
Gender: Female

Re: Available rounds

Post by tiggle »

Lounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful. :cuppa :thumbup

in our office seniority has been replaced with managers favourites getting them
Whysoslowyehcfc
Posts: 238
Joined: 02 Apr 2014, 15:57
Gender: Male

Re: Available rounds

Post by Whysoslowyehcfc »

It should be put up for signing in seniority order
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Available rounds

Post by korky »

tiggle wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful. :cuppa :thumbup

in our office seniority has been replaced with managers favourites getting them
i could add to that but for fear of liable, but you know who you are you fat ginger (fact) dom nob sucking grass ass licker (opinion of 99.9% of co workers)
me bitter? :left:
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Available rounds

Post by rubberbond »

korky wrote:
tiggle wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's advertised in the office and the most senior applicant is successful. :cuppa :thumbup

in our office seniority has been replaced with managers favourites getting them
i could add to that but for fear of liable, but you know who you are you fat ginger (fact) dom nob sucking grass ass licker (opinion of 99.9% of co workers)
me bitter? :left:
Stop prevaricating,come off the fence and tell us what you really think. We'd love to know.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Available rounds

Post by wacko74 »

Barbel wrote:I was put on a rural round 3 months ago after the guy who used to do it left. When I was offered it I was told it was for the' Forseeable future' and was given a weeks training. It's still a vacant round and they haven't advertised it and apparently, so I've heard, no one wants to do it, or any other of the 5 other rural vacancies going because they're in the sticks and they're long rounds. I can't understand why they won't just sign it to me as there's only me and the floater who knows it and I really want to stay on this one. I'm guessing because I've only been with the company for less than 2 years, someone with more seniority who shows an interest will get it straight away. Bit of a bummer really as I feel in limboland and can't really plan ahead as this is a full time round and I'm only on part time hours, though obviously claiming O/T every day.
Crazy how things are so different from office to office... the 3 rurals in our office are a total doddle and getting one would be like obtaining the holy grail.. I can guarantee that if one became vacant there would be 25 applications from the 25 staff in our place!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Available rounds

Post by Lounge Lizard »

wacko74 wrote:
Barbel wrote:I was put on a rural round 3 months ago after the guy who used to do it left. When I was offered it I was told it was for the' Forseeable future' and was given a weeks training. It's still a vacant round and they haven't advertised it and apparently, so I've heard, no one wants to do it, or any other of the 5 other rural vacancies going because they're in the sticks and they're long rounds. I can't understand why they won't just sign it to me as there's only me and the floater who knows it and I really want to stay on this one. I'm guessing because I've only been with the company for less than 2 years, someone with more seniority who shows an interest will get it straight away. Bit of a bummer really as I feel in limboland and can't really plan ahead as this is a full time round and I'm only on part time hours, though obviously claiming O/T every day.
Crazy how things are so different from office to office... the 3 rurals in our office are a total doddle and getting one would be like obtaining the holy grail.. I can guarantee that if one became vacant there would be 25 applications from the 25 staff in our place!
Yet elsewhere the rural vacancies are long rounds, so an early chance of a full time contract, until the revision when the new van-shared town duties are no better. :shock:
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Available rounds

Post by korky »

rubberbond wrote: Stop prevaricating,come off the fence and tell us what you really think. We'd love to know.
thank god for dictionary dot com :nana
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Available rounds

Post by rubberbond »

korky wrote:
rubberbond wrote: Stop prevaricating,come off the fence and tell us what you really think. We'd love to know.
thank god for dictionary dot com :nana
Sorry, I was being a bit precocious there! A fence is a wooden or other material structure used to divide or protect areas of land. Hope that helps :Very Happy
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Available rounds

Post by korky »

rubberbond wrote:
korky wrote:
rubberbond wrote: Stop prevaricating,come off the fence and tell us what you really think. We'd love to know.
thank god for dictionary dot com :nana
Sorry, I was being a bit precocious there! A fence is a wooden or other material structure used to divide or protect areas of land. Hope that helps :Very Happy

lost me there too, i was stuck on think & love, i did hear the 2 don't mix
IcanthelpthewayIam
Posts: 4067
Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: Available rounds

Post by IcanthelpthewayIam »

Barbel wrote:I was put on a rural round 3 months ago after the guy who used to do it left. When I was offered it I was told it was for the' Forseeable future' and was given a weeks training. It's still a vacant round and they haven't advertised it and apparently, so I've heard, no one wants to do it, or any other of the 5 other rural vacancies going because they're in the sticks and they're long rounds. I can't understand why they won't just sign it to me as there's only me and the floater who knows it and I really want to stay on this one. I'm guessing because I've only been with the company for less than 2 years, someone with more seniority who shows an interest will get it straight away. Bit of a bummer really as I feel in limboland and can't really plan ahead as this is a full time round and I'm only on part time hours, though obviously claiming O/T every day.
you could take a bit of a gamble and push the rep to get him to put this duty up for signing straight away that way if you are the only one who wants it you will be able to sign for it