ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Van driving

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BexyB9
Posts: 59
Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
Gender: Female

Van driving

Post by BexyB9 »

Hi

Just a quick query - if I did my RAC training in a Peugot Partner Royal Mail van, am I allowed to drive a Royal Mail Transit van, which is considerably bigger? This seems to be a bit of a grey area and I can't seem to get an answer.

Obviously, my driving licence covers it but what about RM rules?

Many thanks for any help on this.
tonytucker
Posts: 190
Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
Gender: Male
Location: Essex now

Re: Van driving

Post by tonytucker »

Not until you have done the changeover training!if I remember from the days of the old sherpas
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Van driving

Post by spiderj »

You ain't covered

Sneaky beggars had me driving em until I mentioned it to another Dom

Ain't drove em since
:nana
I won
priority102
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 520
Joined: 04 Aug 2009, 18:57
Gender: Female

Re: Van driving

Post by priority102 »

You can only drive vehicles up to the size that you have been trained in. So if you were trained in a Transit you can drive a Partner but if you were trained in a Partner you cannot drive a Transit.
BexyB9
Posts: 59
Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
Gender: Female

Re: Van driving

Post by BexyB9 »

Thanks everyone. That is what I suspected.
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Van driving

Post by vanman90 »

The van sizes are 250 (cdv)
300 or 350 (transit)
400 (high top)
450 ( iveco York transporter van with a tail lift)
600 (7.5t daf lf)
Lgv c
Lgv ce
PHARRY
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 327
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 17:56
Gender: Male

Re: Van driving

Post by PHARRY »

BexyB9 wrote:Hi

Just a quick query - if I did my RAC training in a Peugot Partner Royal Mail van, am I allowed to drive a Royal Mail Transit van, which is considerably bigger? This seems to be a bit of a grey area and I can't seem to get an answer.

Obviously, my driving licence covers it but what about RM rules?

Many thanks for any help on this.



RAC I thought it was the AA I did my van training. With the AA
BexyB9
Posts: 59
Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
Gender: Female

Re: Van driving

Post by BexyB9 »

Ooops, beg your pardon, just checked my docs and it was actually the AA. :shock:
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Van driving

Post by dave72 »

What are the Fiat Doblo XLs classed as? It has an extra roof on top of it, sort of making it a high top?

I did my training in a Transit (300) and if these Doblo's are 400s then there is about 40 posties in the wrong vans :shock:
vanman90
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Apr 2014, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Van driving

Post by vanman90 »

Doblo is a 250 mate

You would know if its a high top..................a high top is a long wheel base.